This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB 2014-2015 season

you may also try the second hand official market called "ticket exchange" on the official POB website. it works quite well.

I also have used this "Bourse" successfully, but you really have to be quick draw McGraw on nabbing a ticket when it comes available. You can set up an alert for the performance(s) you're interested in and you get an email as soon as someone posts a ticket to sell. You have to decide whether you'll take the first ticket that comes available or hold off in the hope that something else better comes along.

The Paris Opera Ballet has posted casting for the spring run of Manon. The trios of Laëtitia Pujol, Mathieu Ganio and Jérémie Bélingard; Ludmila Pagliero, Florian Magnenet and Audric Bezard; and Eleonora Abbagnato, Josua Hoffalt and Alessio Carbone will get two performances each. Dorothée Gilbert will dance the final performance with François Alu as Lescaut. (Des Grieux as yet unidentified.) But the biggest chunk of performances will be by Aurélie Dupont, Hervé Moreau and Stéphane Bullion on May 6, 8, 12, 14 and the live cinema broadcast on the 18th, her farewell performance, which is already sold out.

https://www.operadeparis.fr/en/saison-2014-2015/ballet/l-histoire-de-manon-kenneth-macmillan

Arthur Raveau tore his Achilles tendon in Montreal. He's posted several pictures of his foot in a cast on his Facebook/Instagram/Twitter pages.

And Josua Hoffalt has posted the following message (translated from the original French) on his Facebook page:

"To my regret, I announce that I will not make my performances of Casse-Noisette, acute tendonitis preventing me from working properly for a while now. However, I still hope to be present for La Source. I'll let you know as soon an possible."

Well the only thing that is surprising is that Aurélie Dupont has 5 shows and Dorothée Gilbert only one. The rest is not shameful. There are only 12 shows in this run so it would be difficult to cast a Première danseuse when Etoiles want the role and deserve it.
Up to me Swan Lake casting is much more debatable. I do hope Laura Hecquet will be understudy and perhaps will get the opportunity to dance it, but here again, she's only Sujet, this would have been difficult to cast her when Etoiles want the role, even Aurélie Dupont, 42, could not resist while she has danced only one run in her carreer...

you may also try the second hand official market called "ticket exchange" on the official POB website. it works quite well.

Silvermash -- just a belated thank you for posting this info. I haven't been able to get the ticket I wanted (yet), but knowing I'd be able to re-sell through the ticket exchange gave me the confidence to snatch up another ticket on a date I wasn't sure about. I figured, "If I can't change my plans to use the ticket, at least I will be able to sell it." As it turns out, I *will* be able to use the ticket, and I'm so glad I grabbed it, now that the official web site seems to be picked bare.

In the curiouser and curiouser department: Arthur Raveau, who simplified his name from Pierre-Arthur Raveau, is now stating on his Facebook page that he wishes to be called Arthur Allard.

He does promise this will be the last time that he changes his name -- it could get very confusing! He has gotten the plaster off his foot and should begin rehab -- lets hope he is a hard worker!

I'm not unsympathetic to people who adopt stage names. My own surname is difficult for Anglophones, and since I dreaded seeing it misspelled in programs, I performed under a quasi-patronymic once I left school. From time to time dancers still come under pressure to come up with more euphonious stage names. I remember reading that the Royal Ballet encouraged Lauren Cuthbertson to change her name, suggesting that she take her mother's surname instead. But she didn't like the sound of Lauren Lewis, so she stuck with Cuthbertson. I can't help but admire Dawid Trzensimiech for sticking with his name, even though the intricacies of Polish orthography are very confusing to most non-Poles. It does strike me as a little eccentric that Raveau/Allard should change his name at this stage in his career, having already climbed so high up the POB hierarchy with his first surname.

My favorite name-changing story is Merrill Ashley's. Her name was Linda Merrill, and NYCB allowed a student who graduated into the company ahead of her to change her name to Linda Merrill, even though there was a real Linda Merrill at the top of her class still at SAB.

When she was forced to take a different name, she took Ashley, a family name, and realized that the upside was that she was listed at the top of the alphabet in the list of dancers. M. Allard will have the same advantage.

Photos of most of the etoiles from Le Monde:

http://www.lemonde.fr/m-actu/portfolio/2015/01/02/un-peu-plus-pres-des-etoiles_4548504_4497186.html

I never understand this thing of making very attractive people look grim and uninviting. Are we supposed to take them more "seriously" if they don't smile? In any event, these photos confirm my suspicion that the only thing which exceeds the French ballerina's love of expiring glamourously on stage is the French danseur's love of taking his shirt off for photographers!

I believe the photos are fine some are even good and creative -- I think Herve has taken one to be his new FB photo -- If they do nothing else they put the ballet forward to a public who may not be aware of them -- Benjamin M is well aware of the value of publicity --

Slightly? off topic but a friend of mine who who is a member of the Tudor trust has seen the TV production of the Paris Opera Ballet in Lilac Garden which is on YT -- this person was extremely impressed and wonders if Tudor did the coaching and when this was done does anyone know? Karin Averty was the "woman from his past" ? Its a terrible copy and I culd barely make out the names of the dancers.