364 replies to this topic

#361 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

yudi, thank you so much for the beautiful photos and your thoughts on the performances.

Thank you, too, Caesariatus. You probably haven't this post up thread, because Katenka joined Ballet Alert! after I did my morning check for new registrants, and I just made it visible:

Hi Caesariatus,

The Queen of the Dryads was danced by Ana Turazashvili (she also danced the second variation in the Grand Pas).

#362 Caesariatus

Caesariatus

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hi Caesariatus,

The Queen of the Dryads was danced by Ana Turazashvili (she also danced the second variation in the Grand Pas).

Thanks!  Any word on why Smirnova couldn't do it?

#363 Katenka

Katenka

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not that I've heard. Hopefully nothing serious! I was quite disappointed not to see Smirnova, but Turazashvili was lovely.

#364 Shirabyoshi

Shirabyoshi

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Does anybody know who danced the Queen of the Dryads in today's performance (Thu. 31 July) at Saratoga?  The program lists Olga Smirnova, but just before the curtain rose there was a PA announcement of a change in that role.  However, I didn't catch the name.

I'm a little late seeing this, but for the record I can tell you it was Yulia Grebenshikova, NOT Ana Turazashvili. 

For the Thursday matinee and the Friday evening performance Smirnova was replaced as Queen of the Dryads by Grebenshikova. On Thursday the switch was announced before the curtain went up, on Friday it wasn't, but it was the same both times.

Of course, someone also had to take Grebenshikova's place in the middle of the Three Dryads, and both times that was Turazashvili. It was a delight for me to see a little more of her, so I noticed particularly. smile.png

#365 Katenka

Katenka

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Shirabyoshi, thanks so much for the correction. Yes, it was a delight to see both Yulia and Ana! flowers.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):