rg

LOST ILLUSIONS,

8 posts in this topic

f.y.i. some glimpses of Zakharov's LOST ILLUSTIONS from 1935 (music by Asafiev), focused on Ulanova's portrayal of Coralie. the group photo is an illustration in a Russian book: SOVYETSKII BALYETNIE TEATR (1917-1967) V. Karasovskaya, editor.

the portrait photos come from little, almost-match-book size fold out booklets produced during the years of WWII, where, in addition to all else, paper was undoubtedly scarce.

post-848-0-79378800-1393433991_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-38917000-1393434026_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-70854600-1393434050_thumb.jpg

Has anyone seen the film? I believe it was screened on Saturday and will be shown again Thursday evening. I'd love to know whether it's worth a trip into the city and a late night home.

I saw it. I wouldn't recommend making a special trip to see it. It's "nice" but that's about it. The music is not very inspired, and the choreography and story are a bit trite. The dancers are strong but they don't have much to do besides look pretty, to be honest. It's not one of Ratmansky's stronger works IMO.

I enjoyed it and most of the people at the cinema where I was did too. Not knowing what a trip into the city involves for you, can't really say whether it would be worth it.

If anyone hears about a DVD of this production, please do come back and let us all know.

Thank you for your input, canbelto and kbarber. If I'm not mistaken, Macaulay didn't like it either. I think I'll skip it for now. I'm getting too old to make trips into the city for anything that isn't stellar.

f.y.i. some glimpses of Zakharov's LOST ILLUSTIONS from 1935 (music by Asafiev), focused on Ulanova's portrayal of Coralie. the group photo is an illustration in a Russian book: SOVYETSKII BALYETNIE TEATR (1917-1967) V. Karasovskaya, editor.

the portrait photos come from little, almost-match-book size fold out booklets produced during the years of WWII, where, in addition to all else, paper was undoubtedly scarce.

http://lib.vkarp.com/2014/01/29/%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD-%D0%B1-%D0%B0-%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE/

There are further photographs of Galina Ulanova if you scroll down pass the text showing her from childhood to a much later age.