This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Carley Broder, our own carbro, has died February 25, 2014 R.I.P. carbro

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Earlier tonight, Carley's sister, Betsy Broder wrote:

"Surrounded by family, Carley died earlier this afternoon. She died peacefully and with no pain."

Carley was always an intelligent, friendly presence on Ballet Talk, welcoming new members and answering questions, moderating discussions with wisdom and professionalism. She was a good friend and an avid balletgoer who attended performances of ABT and NYCB almost daily. Her sudden death is a great blow to her family, friends both in real and virtual life and all who knew her. My heart is broken.

#2 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Oh no! How tragic. I'm at a total loss for words. May she rest in peace.

#3 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

It is very sad.  She was always friendly whenever I ran into her at the Koch or the Met at a ballet performance. My deepest sympathy to her family.

#4 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

My deepest sympathy to her family. She was very kind in helping me understand questions about ballet and ballet  going. May she rest in peace.

#5 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Carley was perhaps the most altruistic balletomane I ever met... She will be so very missed....

#6 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

She was the first face I knew from this forum, when I had the pleasure to met her at the MET years ago.  May she rest in peace.

#7 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I am so saddened to hear this. My condolences to Carley's family. Carbro always had the nicest, most positive reviews. You could tell she genuinely loved dance and dancers. sad.png

#8 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Oh, this is terrible news.  Will members here who know her family please add my voice to the condolences.  And if there is some way that we might make a contribution in her memory and honor, please post the information here.

#9 Gina Ness

Gina Ness

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am so sad to hear of Carley's passing...  May she rest in peace...  Deepest sympathy to her family...

#10 Quiggin

Quiggin

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Very, very sad. I always looked forward to reading her posts. My condolences to her family.

#11 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry to see this. I join my colleagues here in sending condolences to her family and loved ones.

#12 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

What sad, sad news. She was a wonderful, friendly person and she will really be missed by us.

#13 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

What a sad, sad shock this is. RIP, Carbro.

#14 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

I'll so miss seeing her posts. I'm sorry not to have met her in person. Adding my condolences to her family.

#15 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

Very sad news, indeed.  Carley was such an important part of this site. She added so much to our discusisons, as people have said, and she also was invaluable behind the scenes, managing membership, which is quite a task! (Deleting probable spanners, helping new members through the process, always with her kind and gentle patience). Rest in peace, Carley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):