This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Lynn Seymour and Peter Schaufuss La Sylphide 1978

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

The Chicago Film Archives are preserving the hundreds and hundreds of films in Ruth Page's collection and are slowly putting them on line. This is a rehearsal film in which Seymour and Schaufuss are dancing with the Chicago Ballet in January 1978. A  little over a year later the company would disband. They were dancing here in a good theater (the Lyric Opera) with a full orchestra. As it is a rehearsal, sometimes someone wouldn't always dance full out. The Madge is Freddie Franklin and Effie is a girl named Cynthia Ann Roses. (The film isn't labeled apart from the title but I happened to have seen the rehearsal).

If you look at it you need not to use Explorer, I was told it wouldn't work with that. Additionally the sound is low so put your speakers up as much as you can.

#2 sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

The Page archives seem to have a wealth of this stuff -- I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):