• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

The Chicago Film Archives are preserving the hundreds and hundreds of films in Ruth Page's collection and are slowly putting them on line. This is a rehearsal film in which Seymour and Schaufuss are dancing with the Chicago Ballet in January 1978. A  little over a year later the company would disband. They were dancing here in a good theater (the Lyric Opera) with a full orchestra. As it is a rehearsal, sometimes someone wouldn't always dance full out. The Madge is Freddie Franklin and Effie is a girl named Cynthia Ann Roses. (The film isn't labeled apart from the title but I happened to have seen the rehearsal).

If you look at it you need not to use Explorer, I was told it wouldn't work with that. Additionally the sound is low so put your speakers up as much as you can.

http://www.chicagofi.../object_id/9202

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

The Page archives seem to have a wealth of this stuff -- I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):