This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bavarian Appointed Zelensky as New AD

I see Konstantin Ivkin has also gone to Munich.  I hope Yuri Fateev is thoroughly ashamed at the way he woefully underused this highly talented boy and failed to give him the opportunities he deserved.   This boy had the best elevation and ballon of any of the male dancers at Mariinsky.  Yes, he danced a few Bluebirds - and they were sensational - but never anything else to show off his amazing jump.  Where were his Solors, James and all the roles to show off his talent?  He should have been promoted long ago.  I am delighted he has gone to another company where, hopefully, Zelensky will see and use his talent, but sad and angry that Mariinsky theatre will no longer have him.  

According to English National Ballet's press release, Yonah Acosta is joining as Principal, and Laurretta Summerscales will take a sabbatical during the 2017-2018 season to perform with Bavarian State Ballet. (she is engaged to Acosta).

Also several dancers from ENB are joining. Soloist Emilio Pavan, First Artist Jinhao Zhang, and Artists Yoko Callegari and Jeanette Kakareka.

https://www.ballet.org.uk/blog-detail/promotions-new-dancers-joining-company-2017-18-season/

On 4/6/2022 at 5:20 AM, volcanohunter said:

Laurent Hilaire is recently unemployed. I hope he is being considered for the job. He is somewhat less Nureyev-crazy than, say, Legris, and is less likely to replace existing productions.

And it has been announced that Laurent Hilaire has accepted the position.  

On 5/21/2022 at 8:07 AM, AG said:

I was not surprised of the news that Putin's daughter's new boyfriend accidently shared the same last name as Ukraine's president. As far as I know, Igor Zelensky also shares the same last name so Zelensky might be a common last name there. So I was really shocked that the only other Zelensky I know, Ignor Zelensky, is exactly the boyfriend of Putin's daughter.