This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2015 US & Canada Tour

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 MadameP

MadameP

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Currently: Lopatkina, Tereshkina, Kondaurova, Skorik, Kolegova.   Also, Novikova has danced it, but I cannot remember how recently.  (Shirinkina also dances it, but she is on maternity leave.)  

I need to add to this list Anastasia Matvienko and Alina Somova, whose debuts in Raymonda I recently saw in St Petersburg.  Matvienko's debut was excellent: technically she was very good, and ,in my opinion, better than Kondaurova, Tereshkina and Skorik in the role  Alina Somova in my opinion is the best Raymonda.  Every variation was superb, and her sequence of entrechats quatre en pointe perfectly executed.  The whole dream scene with its beautiful variation was just exquisite and her expressions and general movement quality throughout just .... amazing.  Raymonda is a wonderful ballet!  :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):