This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2015 US & Canada Tour

Thanks, mussel. So glad that Raymonda will make it to Costa Mesa and there'll also be a chance to see Cinderella in next door Los Angeles.

Since Costa Mesa is fully booked for October but empty in September except for the 27th and LA is open for the end of September, it would seem that the Mariinsky will be heading north to finish in Berkeley the beginning of October.

In the upcoming Mariinsky performances (in May) of Raymonda, the Raymonda casts are Somova, Kondaurova and Matvienko. Probably a glimpse of who we can expect to see during the American performances.

I'd love to see Oxana Skorik added to that list.

The ladies listed above can also be carried over based on the current casting of Cinderella which will be seen in California after Costa Mesa, Orange County. I'd really like to see Alina Somova's Cinderella. Yekaterina Kondaurova will probably get the 'zany' stepmother again, but it would be great to see her given a chance at Cinderella, herself.

Currently: Lopatkina, Tereshkina, Kondaurova, Skorik, Kolegova. Also, Novikova has danced it, but I cannot remember how recently. (Shirinkina also dances it, but she is on maternity leave.)

I need to add to this list Anastasia Matvienko and Alina Somova, whose debuts in Raymonda I recently saw in St Petersburg. Matvienko's debut was excellent: technically she was very good, and ,in my opinion, better than Kondaurova, Tereshkina and Skorik in the role Alina Somova in my opinion is the best Raymonda. Every variation was superb, and her sequence of entrechats quatre en pointe perfectly executed. The whole dream scene with its beautiful variation was just exquisite and her expressions and general movement quality throughout just .... amazing. Raymonda is a wonderful ballet! :-)

Casting for the Mariinsky's engagement in LA at the Music Center (Cinderella) has been posted online. It's...very detailed.

http://www.musiccenter.org/about/Our-Programs/1516-Season/Mariinsky-Ballet---Cinderella/

I tried to paste over the table but it did not keep the formatting.These are the basics, though:

TH 10/8 - Vishneva/Zverev

F 10/9 - A. Matvienko/Stepin

Sa MAT 10/10 - Shapran/ Zverev

Sa EVE 10/10 - Batoeva/Shklyarov

Su MAT 11/11 - A. Matvienko/Stepin

I've been holding off on buying my Tereshkina tickets because they've been selling slowly and I was hoping for a discount. Today I randomly logged into SCFTA and it seems they are running a (secret?) promo for opening night. I got great $119 tickets for $30.

It doesn't seem to be for the other dates in the run (I checked Friday eve and Sun mat), but you may want to look yourself. No promo code required; I just selected "Promo Price" vs "Regular Price" when it asked once I selected the seat (who would choose the regular price?!). Perhaps someone else has better info, but if you have been waiting this may be your chance.

I've been holding off on buying my Tereshkina tickets because they've been selling slowly and I was hoping for a discount. Today I randomly logged into SCFTA and it seems they are running a (secret?) promo for opening night. I got great $119 tickets for $30.

Thank you for sharing this. Unfortunately, I got all my tickets on the first day of sale to non-subscribers at a full price I rushed to buy as I expected tickets to sell fast. But suprisingly the sale at SCFTA has been very sluggish. CInderella at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley is selling much better, although ticket prices are higher, even in the balcony section ($45-$75).

I did warn you when you first asked about ticket sales!

To be fair, the weekend shows seem like they are fairing decently, but they have an upcharge in prices (about $20/seat it seems) which has made me not buy one for the third cast yet.

I assume the name recognition of Cinderella has helped sales for that, though it is by no means a sell-out for the LA dates when I last looked at seat availability. There were lots.

I am actually thinking about flying to LA for CInderella instead of seeing it at Berkeley. Not only tickets are less expensive, which would partially compensate the cost of airfare, but the stage and acoustics at the Dorothy Chandler pavilion are much better suited for ballet than the Zelerbach Hall.

Yesterday, September 12, 2015, I went to the box office at L.A. Music Cente and bought tickets for four of the shows so I could see all casts. I was able to get front-row orchestra seats for all but the opening night. For the opening night Vishneva Cinderella, I got a good seat in the Founders Circle. Please be warned about buying orchestra seats in the first 8 or so rows, as the seats are not staggered and the seating is not raked in those first rows.

Awful news - among the first soloists, Novikova, Osmolkina and Kolegova were all by far more deserving of promotion in my opinion.

Absolutely agree MadameP, awful news. It doesn't make any sense. To your list of three I would also add Matvienko; all four deserve to be promoted way before Skorik. Maybe I am wrong, but who ever goes to see a ballet just because Skorik is in it if they have a choice? As oppose to Osmolkina for example, I would go to a great length to rearrange my schedule to get a chance to see her performing. Oh well...

FANTASTIC news on Oksana's promotion! Her only problem in the past was insecurity, not talent, looks & "goods." Certainly a big step up from Somova but I believe that Skorik stands on her own merits.

Hopefully Shapran will be the next principal at the MT.

Osmolkina's ship passed long ago although she was certainly principal material a while ago. Novikova seems to be perpetually pregnant, sorry to say...but it's her choice. Matvienka & Kolegova are perfect soloists.