This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Fall 2014 NY & CA Tours-News, Casting, Tickets

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#16 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

O & V are also casted together in the mixed bills.

Any ideas when the box office opens?

#17 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

O & V are also casted together in the mixed bills.

Any ideas when the box office opens?

It says they will both appear November 18 & 19, the evenings with three short ballets. But it's not clear they will be appearing in the same ballet(s)!

When the box office opens, I hope somebody posts here quickly. After the rave reviews of Osipova's Giselle with Royal, I would guess those will sell fast.

#18 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Box office opens on March 17 10am.

#19 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Based on recent comments O&V have made about each other in the press, I'd proceed with caution about buying tickets that have joint appearances.

#20 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Based on recent comments O&V have made about each other in the press, I'd proceed with caution about buying tickets that have joint appearances.

Can you post a link or two? I haven't heard this.

#21 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

http://www.dailymail...boy-wonder.html

This has the effect of making me so nervous that the interview seems to be going from bad to worse. Particularly when I stumble across the news that Ivan and his main dancing partner and fiancée Natalia Osipova (now principal dancer with the Royal Ballet, currently wowing audiences in Giselle) are no longer an item, by making the innocent mistake of asking him if the couple have ‘named a day’ for their wedding.

‘No’, he says bluntly, rolling his eyes. Is it difficult, I persist, finding time together now that Natalia is based in London while he has remained as principal dancer with the American Theatre Ballet (a position that allows him to ‘guest’ with other companies, such as the Bolshoi, the world over)? ‘No,’ he repeats.

At least, I point out, they will be together when Ivan is in London performing as the youngest member of the critically acclaimed Kings of the Dance (more of which later) in March. Surely, I trill, it will be good to be dancing in the same city? ‘No! It’s not good question,’ he says.

It falls to Sergei to explain that the couple – who were first teamed when Ivan joined the Bolshoi aged just 17 and would go on to become international stars of the company before famously defecting to the smaller rival Mikhailovsky company in St Petersburg in 2011, and subsequently, a year later, joining the American Theatre Ballet – are no longer romantically involved.

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I haven't seen them say anything bad about the other in the legitimate press, but Vasiliev recently made it clear they are no longer a couple.  From February 8, 2014 links:

http://balletalert.i...ary-8/?p=332886

In "Giselle" she's paired with Sarafanov and he with Vorontsova, and in "The Flames of Paris," only he is cast, with Vorontsova and Bondareva.

#23 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

In "Giselle" she's paired with Sarafanov

Is that the dancer she performed with in that 3D film a couple years ago?

#24 meunier fan

meunier fan

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

In "Giselle" she's paired with Sarafanov

Is that the dancer she performed with in that 3D film a couple years ago?

It is indeed. He was then with the Mariinsky as is currently his much undervalued wife.   

#25 Fleurdelis

Fleurdelis

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Sarafanov's wife is Olesya Novikova. But I hardly find her undervalued, as she stars with the Mariinsky, Mikhailovsky and La Scala, and has quite a fame internationally.

#26 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Mik press release:

Casting Announced - Tickets On Sale Monday 3/17
THE FIRST TIME IN THE UNITED STATES
THE MIKHAILOVSKY BALLET
David H. Koch Theater (Lincoln Center) November 11–23, 2014
Live Orchestra

Ardani Artist proudly presents for the first time in the United States The Mikhailovsky Ballet of St. Petersburg, Russia for a special two week engagement November 11 – 23, 2014 at the David H. Koch Theatre (Lincoln Center) NYC. There will be four programs for this premiere engagement performed with a. The casting* has been announced (below). The Mikhailovsky Ballet USA engagement is supported by the Russian Miistry of Culture. *subject to change

GISELLE, OU LES WILIS
Nov. 11, 7:30 pm Natalia Osipova, Leonid Sarafanov
Nov. 12, 2:00 pm Kristina Shapran, Victor Lebedev.
Nov. 12, 7:30 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Vasiliev
Nov. 13, 7:30 pm Natalia Osipova, Leonid Sarafanov

THE FLAMES OF PARIS
Nov. 14, 7:30 pm Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev
Nov. 15, 2:00 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Zaytsev
Nov. 15, 7:30 pm Oksana Bondareva, Ivan Vasiliev
Nov. 16, 2:00 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Vasiliev

TRIPLE BILL: CLASS CONCERT THE LADY AND THE HOOLIGAN PRELUDE
November 18 and 19, 7:30 pm Natalia Osipova, Ivan Vasiliev

DON QUIXOTE
Nov. 20, 7:30 pm Natalia Osipova, Ivan Vasiliev
Nov. 21, 7:30 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Victor Lebedev
Nov. 22, 2:00 pm Oksana Bondareva, Leonid Sarafanov
Nov. 22, 8:00 pm Angelina Vorontsova, Ivan Vasiliev
Nov. 23, 2:00 pm Natalia Osipova, Ivan Vasiliev

The Mikhailovsky Theatre in 2013, celebrated the 180th anniversary of its founding and the 80th anniversary of its Ballet Company. The Ballet Company did not become a permanent fixture at the theater overnight, however: it was a gradual process that began in 1918, when the Mikhailovsky Theatre shifted its focus from drama to musical theater. Even before the Ballet Company was officially founded by Fyodor Lopukhov in 1933, the theater played host to some significant events that are now considered an important part of world ballet history. In 1923, the young Giorgi Balanchivadze, who later changed his name to George Balanchine, staged dances in Rimsky-Korsakov’s opera The Golden Cockerel at the theater. It was there that the renowned ballet The Bright Stream to Dmitry Shostakovich’s score was first staged in 1935 by Lopukhov. At various times in its history the following outstanding Russian ballet masters have taken the helm of the Mikhailovsky Ballet Company: Leonid Lavrovsky, Pyotr Gusev, Igor Belsky, Konstantin Boyarsky, Oleg Vinogradov, Nikolai Boyarchikov, Farukh Ruzimatov, and Nacho Duato. At present, the Company’s Ballet Master in Chief is Mikhail Messerer. Mikhailovsky Ballet is a young, thriving company that effortlessly combines classical traditions with a modern look, and does not shy away from creative experiments. The Company’s Principal Dancers include world-class stars, as well as recent graduates from Russia’s top ballet schools and academies.

Tickets are: Orchestra & 1st Ring $29, $55, $89, $129 & $149; 2nd & 3rd Ring $29, $55, $89 &$129; 4th Ring $55, $89, & $129. There also will be only 25 Premium ticket packages for each performance (best in the Orchestra, souvenir program, a glass of champagne, meet company members). Buy 2 programs get a 10% discount; 3 programs with a 20% discount. Tickets on sale beginning this Monday, March 17th at the box office and at (212) 496-0600; or by Fax at (212) 580-2545 and on the web. http://davidhkochtheater.com/

Press Representative: KPM Associates/Kevin P. McAnarney
(212) 581-3836 phone & fax KPMAssociates@aol.com
301 West 45th Street Suite # 9-D New York, NY 10036

1 Arts Square, St Petersburg, 191011
Tel./fax +7 (812) 595 43 19 http://www.mikhailovsky.ru/ e-mail: office@mikhailovsky.ru

#27 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Victor Lebedev is amazing! Masculine he isn't, BUT oh, my God, the artistry! His pirouettes often end in a coup de pied balance or he does this thing where he is spinning and the leg goes up and down. I don't know if there is a name for it, but it is unbelievably beautiful and incredible. Not to mention his Vaganova arms that give the women a run for their money. If there were justice in the world he would be a superstar right now. His cambres at the end of variations are also amazing. But, like I said, he is not just a bag of tricks. There is elegance, elegance, elegance in his dancing. Of course, it is the total opposite of Vasiliev who is male hormones reaching out to the upper balconies. 

I enjoy Vasiliev for his own strengths, but Lebedev is probably the inverse......ultra elegant but amazing also. If you see Lebedev on the bill, GO!!!!! I am certain you will see amazing things! 

I am hooked on seeing these companies in their Russian homes, b/c those theatres are so gorgeous (atmosphere really makes a difference), but I might try to take time off and see Lebedev in NY....he is totally worth it! So far I have seen him in the secondary role of Flames of Paris, in a gala where he danced the DQ pdd and Corsaire pdd, an unbelievable Solor, and the online Swan Lake from the Mikhailovsky. He is AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe the Mariinsky let him slip through its fingers! 

#28 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

There seems to be a problem with getting the multi-program discount.  The internet sales set-up does not give you any such discount.  I called the box office and they said that they were never advised of a discount for the purchase of multiple programs.  I told the box office worker that it was stated in the press release.  She stated that it would have to be verified by the Koch theater through direct contact w. the company. When I asked if they would apply the discount retroactively if people already bought tickets, I was told no.  So for now I'm waiting until they get this all straightened out before I buy.  Quite frutstrating.  How is it possible that they were never informed of the multi program discount!?

#29 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

I can't even get the single-ticket option to work on-line. I'm logged into my account and have tried accessing "purchase tickets" several ways. Has anybody else had any luck with that? Also, do you know if they are starting the orchestra with row A (as NYCB does) or row B (as the Bolshoi is doing this summer)?

EDITED TO ADD: You can now purchase single tickets. You can select your own seat from the charts, which is great, of course. But when you click on a seat, a little balloon pops up that says it has been added to your cart. In fact, it has not been added. You have to go to the red button in the lower right "add to cart" and click that before it's really added. No sign of multiple ticket discounts yet. You can pick out your entire purchase and at check-out do your log-in. A little confusing, but so glad you can pick out your own seat (unlike Bolshoi). And they are starting with Row A in the orchestra, as NYCB does.

ANOTHER EDIT: As of 1:25 EDT, you can purchase the packages of 2 or 3 ballets, but it doesn't appear there is anyway to pick out your seats from the charts used for singles. You just select a section.

#30 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

What phone # did you call for the Bolshoi ballet tickets? Try to call this number: 212-721-6500. I called last weekend. The people, who answered my call, knew pretty well about the timing, price options and discounts. 

tiphat.gif 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):