This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Who else saw it...?

I found Miss Flemming wonderful, if only vocally wise. On the other hand, the too close cameras here made for a big exposure in her less than satisfying outcome in the histrionic field. Her acting didn't speak to mee, IMO, and I could not see too much raport between her and Beczala's Prince. The other downer here was how dark the sets looked, which I think was a broadcast's problem-(can anybody tell if the lighting was good in the big house?). At times, as in the garden party, one couldn't see almost anything. Kuddos for Dolora Zajick as the cackling swamp witch, Ježibaba, John Relyea as the Water Gnome and Emily Magee as the Foreign Princess.

The set looks goregous in the Big House. No issues with lighting. Fleming sounded vocally underpowered in the Big House. I'm guessing that she sounded much better in the broadcast than she did live. They should have filmed this one a long time ago, before her voice went into decline.