This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The Plisetskaya Head-KickAny other ballerinas did this jeté before Maya?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

keeping with the Chinese connection, something tells me there might be photos of the "kicking" grand jete from performances of this ballet, which dates from 1927 and which originally featured Yekaterina Geltser as the leading female character Tao Xoa, followed next by Victorina Krieger in the same role.

here's the NYPL cat. entry:

<<Red poppy  : Original title: Krasnyi mak. Chor: Lev Lashchilin (Acts 1, 3 and character dances) and Vasilii Tikhomirov (Act 2 and classic dances); mus: Reinhold Glière; lib & scen: Mikhail Kurilko. First perf: Moscow, Bolshoi Theater, June 14, 1927, Bolshoi Ballet (Company)>>

#17 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

keeping with the Chinese connection, something tells me there might be photos of the "kicking" grand jete from performances of this ballet, which dates from 1927 and which originally featured Yekaterina Geltser as the leading female character Tao Xoa, followed next by Victorina Krieger in the same role.

This is close flowers.gif :

dm_ulanova_gala_15052011_1578.sized.jpg

The Red Poppy: Darya Khokhlova (Golden Fingers variation)
Copyright:© Dave Morgan

From Russian Ballet Icons - Galina Ulanova Gala Rehearsals - Coliseum - May 2011

#18 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

hmmmm

Great historical recordings! So much information. I watched on YouTube. Its English caption is written in good English, not machine translated. yahoo.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):