This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Everyone's a Seahawks Fan

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Wow -- 50% is pretty spiffy!

#17 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I'll bet there will be plenty of Seahawks-clad people at the performance.

#18 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Today's cast insert had a "12" in the upper left corner.  The orchestra musicians had "12" placards hanging from their music stands.  Conductor Allan Dameron held one up before taking a bow from the podium.  I spotted a number of jerseys, but my favorite was two young girls in Seahawks jerseys and blue and green tulle tutu skirts.

#19 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

I kept looking at the little bow that Bluebird wears in her hair wondering if the blue and green mix was original to the costume, or a recent addition!

#20 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

The people who attended certainly didn't miss a very competitive game, although blowouts can be fun when the team you root for is administering the thrashing. On a high culture note, Renee Fleming performed a lovely but oddly slow rendition of the national anthem, as if she'd taken a few too many Valiums to soothe her nerves. Congrats to the people of Seattle and their NFL franchise. Party! Party!

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Yesterday's t was a non-subscription 50% off performance, and lots of families took advantage of it.  It ended at 4pm, which did mean the fans at the performance missed the fastest score in Super Bowl history and that rare event, the safety.  I was a little worried when they didn't announce the score after the final curtain, and the people who had gone to the lobby to check the score on their cell phones looked neither excited nor bummed, and I figured the score was 7-7.  I was pretty shocked when I heard the mid-game score on the way home.  Apparently, most people waited until it was almost over to celebrate.

I've got to find Fleming on YouTube.

#22 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

I got home at halftime (just in time to see Bruno Mars do his James Brown thing) and was surprised at how large the lead was.

#23 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

https://www.facebook...:0?stream_ref=5

Today's the parade, and if the weather in Seattle is anything like the weather in Vancouver, it should be a cold, but great day.

#24 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

They've been lined up in Pioneer Square since last night -- very chilly indeed!

#25 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

I heard earlier that the free tickets for the finish line in the stadium went quickly. 

#26 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

It ended at 4pm, which did mean the fans at the performance missed the fastest score in Super Bowl history and that rare event, the safety.

Some of those fans celebrating at the parade may well have contributed to that event. As a rule Super Bowls tend to be relatively quiet, if not drowsy, because they're usually played on neutral territory in front of an audience heavily loaded with expense-account types.  Not many fans of the Broncos or Seahawks were expected this time because of the distance involved, but it turned out that a considerable number of Seahawks people made the trek to the Far East to support their team. They outnumbered Denver fans significantly and their noise was blamed for the miscommunication that led to the safety. Truly a team-effort victory....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):