This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Everyone's a Seahawks Fan

I remember when the NY Giants were playing in the Super Boal, and I went to a performance of NYCB. Back then, they had a little set-off area with a pay phone, at least on the upper levels. I called Sports Phone at every intermission and after the game to find out the score.

laugh.png

I wish there was a sarcasm font for websites. The thread title was meant to be sarcastic: in Seattle last weekend, almost everyone was in Seahawks regalia, including some dogs, and even people who didn't know the name of the team last November or even that Seattle still had a football team. At least the team colors are nice and blend into the weather and landscape of sea, sky, and trees.

That's not to say there aren't ardent Seahawks and other NFL team fans among PNB dancers: in the past, they've made their fandom known, even when their team was not competitive (and in places I never knew had football teams.)

..in Seattle last weekend, almost everyone was in Seahawks regalia, including some dogs, and even people who didn't know the name of the team last November or even that Seattle still had a football team.

"We are all the 12th Man now." :) In fairness there isn't much to celebrate when the team isn't competitive. Nice to know Seattle is succumbing to the same sort of lunacy with which San Francisco is familiar when the Niners are doing well.

I wish all the best to the fine people of Colorado, Drew, even if I can't pull for their team. Speaking of lunacy, I can only imagine the current degree of Manningmania....

the two states with legal marijuana laws are now participating in the Super Bowl. And what a bowl it will be!

Do PNB or Colorado Ballet drug test? I hope not.

We were wondering if perhaps the bet that the governors usually have for this kind of sports event might include some pot edibles.

I remember when the NY Giants were playing in the Super Boal, and I went to a performance of NYCB.

Best typo/freudian slip ever!

I think I jumped Marketing's gun; this just in:

Celebrate the Seahawks AND beautiful ballet with Artistic Director Peter Boal’s amazing ticket offer! 50% OFF tickets to The Sleeping Beauty on Super Boal Sunday, Feb 2 at 1:00! The performance is over at 4:00PM – so if you skedaddle home, you’ll still have time to see the Seahawks win!

Today's cast insert had a "12" in the upper left corner. The orchestra musicians had "12" placards hanging from their music stands. Conductor Allan Dameron held one up before taking a bow from the podium. I spotted a number of jerseys, but my favorite was two young girls in Seahawks jerseys and blue and green tulle tutu skirts.

The people who attended certainly didn't miss a very competitive game, although blowouts can be fun when the team you root for is administering the thrashing. On a high culture note, Renee Fleming performed a lovely but oddly slow rendition of the national anthem, as if she'd taken a few too many Valiums to soothe her nerves. Congrats to the people of Seattle and their NFL franchise. Party! Party!

Yesterday's t was a non-subscription 50% off performance, and lots of families took advantage of it. It ended at 4pm, which did mean the fans at the performance missed the fastest score in Super Bowl history and that rare event, the safety. I was a little worried when they didn't announce the score after the final curtain, and the people who had gone to the lobby to check the score on their cell phones looked neither excited nor bummed, and I figured the score was 7-7. I was pretty shocked when I heard the mid-game score on the way home. Apparently, most people waited until it was almost over to celebrate.

I've got to find Fleming on YouTube.