#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Well, not everyone. (Sniff.)

Oh, and in future, no one with a California address will be able to buy tickets to see PNB. (Grrr.)

That said --  Beat Denver!

-- Sullen in San Francisco

#3 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Well, at least you don't have a team in the Superbowl, opposite the closing performance of the SFB Giselle.  It's Denver vs the Lilac Fairy up here -- PNB's got a Sunday matinee on the 2nd.

#4 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,003 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

I remember when the NY Giants were playing in the Super Boal, and I went to a performance of NYCB.  Back then, they had a little set-off area with a pay phone, at least on the upper levels.  I called Sports Phone at every intermission and after the game to find out the score.

#5 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

Well, not everyone. (Sniff.)

-- Sullen in San Francisco

Ah, thanks for pointing that out ;). Not a football fan myself, but I dread going to work today. It's hard to see grown men and women cry.

#6 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

I am looking forward to seeing PNB one day, but ... uh ... definitely will be rooting for Denver against the Seahawks.

#7 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

I remember when the NY Giants were playing in the Super Boal, and I went to a performance of NYCB. 

Best typo/freudian slip ever!

#8 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,003 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

laugh.png

I wish there was a sarcasm font for websites.  The thread title was meant to be sarcastic:  in Seattle last weekend, almost everyone was in Seahawks regalia, including some dogs, and even people who didn't know the name of the team last November or even that Seattle still had a football team.  At least the team colors are nice and blend into the weather and landscape of sea, sky, and trees.

That's not to say there aren't ardent Seahawks and other NFL team fans among PNB dancers:  in the past, they've made their fandom known, even when their team was not competitive (and in places I never knew had football teams.)

#9 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

The Colorado Ballet has participated in the "United in Orange" support for the Broncos in recent months. Here's a photo showing the ballerina sculptures in front of the downtown Sheraton, with Gil Boggs (the Ballet's Artistic Director) in the center of the front row. 

http://www.examiner....s-united-orange

#10 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

..in Seattle last weekend, almost everyone was in Seahawks regalia, including some dogs, and even people who didn't know the name of the team last November or even that Seattle still had a football team.

"We are all the 12th Man now."  :) In fairness there isn't much to celebrate when the team isn't competitive. Nice to know Seattle is succumbing to the same sort of lunacy with which San Francisco is familiar when the Niners are doing well.

I wish all the best to the fine people of Colorado, Drew, even if I can't pull for their team. Speaking of lunacy, I can only imagine the current degree of Manningmania....

#11 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

the two states with legal marijuana laws are now participating in the Super Bowl.   And what a bowl it will be!  

Do PNB or Colorado Ballet drug test?  I hope not.

#12 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

the two states with legal marijuana laws are now participating in the Super Bowl.   And what a bowl it will be!  

Do PNB or Colorado Ballet drug test?  I hope not.

We were wondering if perhaps the bet that the governors usually have for this kind of sports event might include some pot edibles.

#13 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

in Seattle last weekend, almost everyone was in Seahawks regalia, including some dogs,

An acquaintance of mine kitted out his bunny rabbit in a 49ers jersey. More furry Seahawks fans here.

#14 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,003 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

:lol:

#15 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,003 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

I remember when the NY Giants were playing in the Super Boal, and I went to a performance of NYCB.

Best typo/freudian slip ever!

I think I jumped Marketing's gun; this just in:

Celebrate the Seahawks AND beautiful ballet with Artistic Director Peter Boal’s amazing ticket offer! 50% OFF tickets to The Sleeping Beauty on Super Boal Sunday, Feb 2 at 1:00! The performance is over at 4:00PM – so if you skedaddle home, you’ll still have time to see the Seahawks win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):