This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jane Pritchard on the New Year's Honours List2014

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

a friend and colleague in London has written to say that he's had a letter from a local colleague who's noted that dance historian and curator Jane Pritchard has been awarded an MBE on this year's Honours list.

i have no further information or confirmation but assuming this is so, and I have no real reason to doubt it, it's a well deserved award. Pritchard was responsible in good part for overseeing the grand Diaghilev exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum, where she's a curator, which ended in early 2011 and which reached Washington's National Gallery last year, closing, after being extended in October.

I've also just heard that Gillian Lynne's been made Dame, which, again, I trust is accurate.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I'd heard about Gillian Lynne, but not about Jane Pritchard -- excellent news!  Thanks so much for spreading it!

#3 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Excellent news indeed!  Thanks, rg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):