This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ENB's Le Corsaire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swanilda8

Swanilda8

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

For my last production in London, I saw English National Ballet's new version of Le Corsaire, starring Alina Cojocaru, Vadim Muntagirov, and Junor Souza. I loved it! It's beautiful and funny and exciting. Most importantly (for this forum) all three leads were in perfect form. Muntagirov was especially great - he almost has the same seemingly-effortless technique as Polunin but with more elegance. Souza was amazing as Ali - his torso is very flexible and he has great jumps. I'd love to see him get the lead in this production some time.

Full review:

http://itinerantball...ic-dancing.html

I'm so sad to leave England! What a privilege to visit a city with this much excellent dancing.

#2 fadedhour

fadedhour

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Thank you for this review.  I would love to see this, but I'm not going to be able to, unfortunately.  I really like Vadim Muntagirov - I'm seeing him in Spectre de la Rose in a couple weeks and I can't wait to see what he does with it.  He's wonderful.

#3 annamicro

annamicro

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I would love to see this, but I'm not going to be able to, unfortunately.  I really like Vadim Muntagirov

The Cojocaru/Muntagirov cast has been filmed for a video release :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):