This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Minnesota

mnmom

I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I'm the parent of a 16 year old ballet dancer and have been a (quiet) member the BT4D site for a few years. My daughter is a contract apprentice with a small dance company in Minneapolis, Minnesota Dance Theatre. While always a fan and once a recreational dancer myself, through her, I've developed a deeper interest in all things Ballet and an appreciation for the hard work and discipline that are a must to achieve the beauty of the art.

As such, I feel better qualified to participate in this forum because now I'm also the co-producer of a relatively new podcast called Balancing Pointe. The podcast is hosted by my co-producer, Kimberly Falker. For my part, I coordinate and write the corresponding website. Together we broadcast interviews with professionals in the ballet world via iTunes podcasts, (and other means) in order to share their inspiring journeys.

Minnesota Dance Theater has a great reputation -- I'm sure your daughter will have an adventure!

Yes, MDT has a great reputation. She's been a student there for several years. She has appeared in several of their company productions for the past three years and it's been a wonderful learning experience and adventure for her. This is the first year she has a contract though, and I'm thrilled for her.

These podcast interviews are very well done. Congratulations, mnmom. I can see that they would interest and inspire students and young professional dancers, but -- based on my first episode -- they also have the potential to be addictive to ballet fans like me.

I recommend clicking the "Ballet Podcast Show Notes" tab at the top of the page, which gives you a list of all the interviews in the series. (There are 25 so far.) I clicked Dylan Gutierrez, a young, articulate Joffrey dancer I have actually seen dance, and was captivated by both the questions and the answers.

Coming up next for me -- Tiits Helimets and then Megan Fairchild.

These podcast interviews are very well done. Congratulations, mnmom. I can see that they would interest and inspire students and young professional dancers, but -- based on my first episode -- they also have the potential to be addictive to ballet fans like me.

I recommend clicking the "Ballet Podcast Show Notes" tab at the top of the page, which gives you a list of all the interviews in the series. (There are 25 so far.) I clicked Dylan Gutierrez, a young, articulate Joffrey dancer I have actually seen dance, and was captivated by both the questions and the answers.

Coming up next for me -- Tiits Helimets and then Megan Fairchild.

Thank you bart. I'm so glad you enjoyed the podcast. They're a labor of love for us. Thus far, my personal favorite has been Tiits Helimets, though they're all really interesting and giving. I hope you like it too!

Thank you SO much bart - we are hoping they are addictive to non-dancers as well as that applies to us as well. I am amazed by the journey of each and every guest we've interviewed - by their drive, passion and work ethic. These are attributes that can be applied to each of us in life. I know I have often thought of many of our guest's words of wisdom as I live my life as "just a mom". :)

We greatly appreciate any and all feedback - and so appreciate you listening!!