#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

An interview with Darcey Bussell.

This year looks set to be just as busy for Darcey. As well as Strictly, there is a potential dance documentary in the pipeline. She also has her duties as the new president of the Royal Academy of Dance, and is rumoured to be practising a routine with X Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary for the National Television Awards on Wednesday.

Despite this flurry of activity, the woman who has spent much of her life dominated by strict routine finally seems happy to go with the flow. The family may return to Australia at some point but they 'don't think too far ahead'.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Another story on the suggestion from the English National Ballet School's Facebook page regarding students' weight.

One recent graduate from the school, who wished to remain anonymous, said the remark was “absolutely unacceptable”. Ballet students’ worries about weight could have “horrifying consequences for the young dancers’ future lives,” he said.

“As long as one of UK’s most respected schools behaves in this way there is a long way to go,” he added. But Delia Barker, co-director of the school, said the post had been removed from the Internet — although it had already been “liked” by more than 80 followers.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

An interview with Alina Cojocaru.

There’s a lot on her 2014 schedule already, though: after Le Corsaire, she tours the US with Hamburg Ballet, performing Liliom, the piece its artistic director John Neumeier created around her. Then there’s the ENB’s World War I commemorative triple bill, Lest We Forget, which brings together choreographers Liam Scarlett, Russell Maliphant and Akram Khan.

Cojocaru is thrilled by this prospect. ‘I always keep thinking I was born in the wrong era,’ she says wistfully. ‘In the past, you’d have collaborations between all these wonderful choreographers and designers – and the process of creation is one I’ve so enjoyed: everything’s
unknown and you’re discovering it.’

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

Carolina Ballet Theatre presents "In/Humanity."

The piece features CBT’s nine professional company dancers and four trainees.

The dances are set to music — Rachmaninoff’s piano preludes and Sibelius’ “Valse Triste” — and also to spoken word — including poetry and excerpts from Anne Frank’s diary.

#5 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,081 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Q&A with Liam Scarlett.

Are you working with Ashley Bouder?
Yes. I’ve known Ashley for quite a while from various galas. Again, the ballet world is so small. I think I’ve probably picked the three most different principal women. Ashley is a firecracker-tour de force from the moment she steps into the studio to the moment she leaves. I don’t know where she gets her energy, but it’s phenomenal: the speed and the precision in which she can move is breathtaking. I’d say, “Can you do this? Can you do this?” There was nothing she said no to or failed at. It was remarkable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):