This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Bolshoi Live schedule adjustment?The Golden Age or Marco Spada?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Will Bolshoi broadcast LIVE on YouTube also?

Check, at the end of the following clip, they say:

на канале Большого театра в YouTube

19 января в 19:00

#17 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Yes, but these streams are available to You Tube users in Russia only, though on a few occasions the Bolshoi has forgotten to turn on the geo-block.

In tomorrow's performance, Evgenia Obraztsova will be replaced by Anastasia Stashkevich in Emeralds.

http://www.bolshoi.r...#20140119190000

#18 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

well it would save me 4 hours of drive time and about $40 in gasoline!

#19 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

A belated thanks to rg and this forum for information about the time correction on broadcast--I would have had no idea the performance was at 10 if I hadn't read about it here!  Fortunately our drive time was only about 40 minutes.

Ironically I will likely miss the Lost Illusions broadcast because I plan to be traveling to see some live ballet...

#20 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

the following was sent by the press rep. for the JEWELS telecast, which one supposes might have necessitated a few changes due to unforeseen snags in getting the ballet on stage, but it's up-to-date enough to have included Stashkevich in place of Obratsova.

by 'corps' for the Diamonds cast, the list apparently indicates what are sometimes called the demi-couples, and not the full corps de ballet.

f.y.i.

JEWELS CAST – January 19, 2014 

Conductor

Pavel Sorokin

Emeralds

Two leading couples

Ivan Alexeyev

Vladislav Lantratov

Anastasia Stashkevich

Anna Tikhomirova

Pas de Trois

Yanina Parienko

Igor Tsvirko

Ana Turazashvili

Corps

Xenia Averina

Bruna Gaglianone Cantanhede

Svetlana Gnedova

Alesya Gradova

Anastasia Gubanova

Olga Klypina

Elizaveta Kruteleva

Irina Serenkova

Anastasia Shilova

Margarita Shrainer

Rubies

The leading couple

Ekaterina Krysanova

Vyacheslav Lopatin

Soloist

Ekaterina Shipulina

Corps

Batyr Annadurdyev

Mikhail Kochan

Mikhail Kryuchkov      

Alexander Vorobiyov

Daria Bochkova

Bruna Gaglianone Cantanhede

Daria Gurevich

Daria Khokhlova

Yulia Lunkina

Ilona Matsiy-Kiryushkina

Svetlana Pavlova

Maria Vinogradova

Diamonds

The leading couple

Semyon Chudin

Olga Smirnova

Corps

Karim Abdullin

Ivan Alexeyev

Artemy Belyakov

Angelina Karpova (Vlashinets)

Anna Okuneva

Ana Turazashvili

Maria Vinogradova

Klim Yefimov 

#21 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

This correction was still incomplete. Anna Okuneva did not appear in 'Diamonds' and was replaced by Yulia Grebenshchikova.

During the broadcast it was finally confirmed that on March 30 Marco Spada would replace The Golden Age, whose revival has been postponed until next season. This has been obvious for some time, since all mention of The Golden Age was missing from the Bolshoi's season-opening press conference in September, and Marco Spada has been in its place on the performance calendar for several months.

I don't know about the U.S., but in Canada the planned broadcast of the Royal Ballet's The Winter's Tale has been called off. wallbash.gif

#22 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know the web site for buying tickets to Lost Illusions and Marco Spada? They were both being advertised like crazy before the livestream of Jewels this morning, but although I can get a listing of upcoming performances (either through Ballet in Cinema or Emerging Pictures) I can't find where to purchase the tickets.

#23 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

there seems to be some transitional period right now for these transmissions.

the press rep. for Emerging Pictures' JEWELS sent word that he'd no longer be handing this 'series' and that, if i understood his message correctly, Pathe was going it alone, or some such.

so while the Bolshoi Ballet is 'on' for the next two transmissions, it seems no one is clearly 'on board' for distributing them, at least locally.

if any new information surfaces on my radar i'll post it.

#24 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

We haven't seen any Bolshoi transmissions in Seattle for a couple years -- we're getting some of the Royal stuff through an AMC theater, but no one picked up the Bolshoi.

#25 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,332 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Pathe branding was a lot more prominent at today's Jewels broadcast.

Katerina Novikova, who was going back and forth between French and English, said in her intro to "Emeralds" that it was created for Violette Verdy and would be danced by Anastasia Stashkevich and Vladislav Lantratov.  However, in the printed program, which still had Obraztsova dancing, Obraztsova was partnered with Ivan Alexeyev, and Vladislav Lantratov was partnering Anna Tikhomirova.

Edited to add:  I just learned from volcanohunter on the "Jewels"-specific thread that it was Lantratov partnering Stashkevich, and that the theater had the wrong (original) casting.

#26 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Novikova just interviewed Sergei Filin, on stage after a wonderful Rubies

#27 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Novikova just interviewed Sergei Filin, on stage after a wonderful Rubies

Oh, details, please!

#28 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

I'm lucky (for once) in that the Digiplex chain is carrying the Bolshoi Ballet. It's not live but it's there:

http://digiplexdest....venttype=BALLET

#29 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,332 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

At the beginning of the first intermission, Novikova started a short interview with Merrill Ashley, who wasn't particularly articulate, and I really didn't really catch her points apart from the dancers aren't used to working at Balanchine's speed.  I sat around for a few minutes at the beginning of second intermission, and I went to the lobby after there was no interview, and I was disappointed to go back in the theater to see that Novikova had been speaking to Shipulina (Tall Girl in Rubies) and Filin.  The only part I caught was that he was lauding Shipulina on her performance, and I'm not sure if Novikova said it was possible or planned that Shipulina would be dancing in "Lost Illusion," which, sadly, is playing opposite PNB's first weekend Sunday matinee.  As far as I know, there are no encores scheduled for the last two Bolshoi transmissions this season.

#30 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

there seems to be some transitional period right now for these transmissions.

the press rep. for Emerging Pictures' JEWELS sent word that he'd no longer be handing this 'series' and that, if i understood his message correctly, Pathe was going it alone, or some such.

so while the Bolshoi Ballet is 'on' for the next two transmissions, it seems no one is clearly 'on board' for distributing them, at least locally.

I do see PatheLIVE's icon on the screen before and during the intermissions of Bolshoi ballet show. Could Pathe be the only distributor and technically responsible for the transmissions? It may not be bad thing. Some other movie theater-lines could also pick up the program. Oh well, there were only 4 audiences, including me, in the show-room of JEWELS this morning. A local movie theater has done MET Openra LIVE in HD  for years. The manager once said:"The business is really doing good!" Sometimes they even sold out a HD opera show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):