This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I happened to email Cineplex here in Canada with this very question a couple of days ago, and their reply was:

"Hi Katherine,

We are hearing of a program change as well. I’m awaiting news from the Bolshoi on this officially. The date will remain."

As soon as I hear back from them I will post.

f.y.i. the following information re: TheBolshoi Ballet in JEWELS has come from the NYC publicist as follows:

<<Date, location and time (this is a live broadcast from Moscow): THIS Sunday, January 19th, BIG Cinemas, 239 East 59th Street. Because of time differences in Moscow, this performance is at 10 a.m. NOT 11.

>>

Oh joy. A 10 AM start on a Sunday makes it even less appealing to attend. But thanks for the info.

Thats a tough one but Obraztsova & Smirnova might be too much to resist. Here's 1/19 casting from the Bolshoi site:

19 january 2014 Two leading couples

Ivan Alexeyev

Vladislav Lantratov

Evgenia Obraztsova

Anna Tikhomirova

Pas de Trois

Yanina Parienko

Igor Tsvirko

Ana Turazashvili

Xenia Averina

Bruna Gaglianone Cantanhede

Svetlana Gnedova

Alesya Gradova

Anastasia Gubanova

Olga Klypina

Elizaveta Kruteleva

Irina Serenkova

Anastasia Shilova

Margarita Shrainer

The leading couple

Ekaterina Krysanova

Vyacheslav Lopatin

Soloist

Ekaterina Shipulina

Batyr Annadurdyev

Mikhail Kochan

Mikhail Kryuchkov

Alexander Vorobiyov

Daria Bochkova

Daria Gurevich

Daria Khokhlova

Yulia Lunkina

Ilona Matsiy

Svetlana Pavlova

Maria Vinogradova

The leading couple

Semyon Chudin

Olga Smirnova

Ыщдщшыеы

Ivan Alexeyev

Artemy Belyakov

Angelina Karpova (Vlashinets)

Anna Okuneva

Ana Turazashvili

Maria Vinogradova

Klim Yefimov

Dmitry Yefremov

Conductor

Pavel Sorokin

f.y.i. the following information re: TheBolshoi Ballet in JEWELS has come from the NYC publicist as follows:

<<Date, location and time (this is a live broadcast from Moscow): THIS Sunday, January 19th, BIG Cinemas, 239 East 59th Street. Because of time differences in Moscow, this performance is at 10 a.m. NOT 11.

>>

Yep, Russia does not follow day light savings time! So it's 9 hours ahead in the winter and 8 in the summer. Somehow, this information is not widely disseminated in the US. When I arrived in Moscow last February, I didn't realize that it was 9 hours ahead of EST in the winter and so I almost missed meeting my local contact. I'm glad to know other people and institutions make the same mistake.

hmmmm....closest location to me is Bellingham (2+ hour drive each direction) and a 7am start time on Sunday. I'll have to think about this, but Smirnova (even sans Obratsova) is still tempting on the big screen.

There would be an Encore show on Tuesday night:

LIVE Sunday, January 19, 2014 @ 10:00AM ET / 9:00AM CT / 8:00AM MT / 7:00AM PT

Encore Tuesday, January 21, 2014 @ 7:00PM Local Time

Although I saw Bolshoi's Jewels last summer at ROH, I would still like to go to a theater to see them dancing on HD screen. flowers.gif

hmmmm....closest location to me is Bellingham (2+ hour drive each direction) and a 7am start time on Sunday. I'll have to think about this, but Smirnova (even sans Obratsova) is still tempting on the big screen.

Not knowing where you are in relation to Bellingham, of course, but just wondering whether British Columbia might be closer.

http://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/jewels-bolshoi-ballet-live-frce-dance/vancouver-bc?Date=1/19/2014

BC is not closer (but still attractive), thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Still mulling this over. My usual suspects to accompany me are balking at 7am Sunday. And work will not allow me to travel that far north on Tuesday for the 7pm show (though gawd-awful I-5 traffic). I'm still considering....it would be something of an adventure. And back in the day (waaaaaayyy waaaaayyy back) I got up at 4:30am Mon-Sat for rowing practice at 5am. So I know it's possible.

A belated thanks to rg and this forum for information about the time correction on broadcast--I would have had no idea the performance was at 10 if I hadn't read about it here! Fortunately our drive time was only about 40 minutes.

Ironically I will likely miss the Lost Illusions broadcast because I plan to be traveling to see some live ballet...

the following was sent by the press rep. for the JEWELS telecast, which one supposes might have necessitated a few changes due to unforeseen snags in getting the ballet on stage, but it's up-to-date enough to have included Stashkevich in place of Obratsova.

by 'corps' for the Diamonds cast, the list apparently indicates what are sometimes called the demi-couples, and not the full corps de ballet.

f.y.i.

JEWELS CAST – January 19, 2014

Conductor

Pavel Sorokin

Emeralds

Two leading couples

Ivan Alexeyev

Vladislav Lantratov

Anastasia Stashkevich

Anna Tikhomirova

Pas de Trois

Yanina Parienko

Igor Tsvirko

Ana Turazashvili

Corps

Xenia Averina

Svetlana Gnedova

Alesya Gradova

Anastasia Gubanova

Olga Klypina

Elizaveta Kruteleva

Irina Serenkova

Anastasia Shilova

Margarita Shrainer

Rubies

The leading couple

Ekaterina Krysanova

Vyacheslav Lopatin

Soloist

Ekaterina Shipulina

Corps

Batyr Annadurdyev

Mikhail Kochan

Mikhail Kryuchkov

Alexander Vorobiyov

Daria Bochkova

Daria Gurevich

Daria Khokhlova

Yulia Lunkina

Ilona Matsiy-Kiryushkina

Svetlana Pavlova

Maria Vinogradova

Diamonds

The leading couple

Semyon Chudin

Olga Smirnova

Corps

Karim Abdullin

Ivan Alexeyev

Artemy Belyakov

Angelina Karpova (Vlashinets)

Anna Okuneva

Ana Turazashvili

Maria Vinogradova

Klim Yefimov

This correction was still incomplete. Anna Okuneva did not appear in 'Diamonds' and was replaced by Yulia Grebenshchikova.

During the broadcast it was finally confirmed that on March 30 Marco Spada would replace The Golden Age, whose revival has been postponed until next season. This has been obvious for some time, since all mention of The Golden Age was missing from the Bolshoi's season-opening press conference in September, and Marco Spada has been in its place on the performance calendar for several months.

I don't know about the U.S., but in Canada the planned broadcast of the Royal Ballet's The Winter's Tale has been called off. wallbash.gif

Does anyone know the web site for buying tickets to Lost Illusions and Marco Spada? They were both being advertised like crazy before the livestream of Jewels this morning, but although I can get a listing of upcoming performances (either through Ballet in Cinema or Emerging Pictures) I can't find where to purchase the tickets.

there seems to be some transitional period right now for these transmissions.

the press rep. for Emerging Pictures' JEWELS sent word that he'd no longer be handing this 'series' and that, if i understood his message correctly, Pathe was going it alone, or some such.

so while the Bolshoi Ballet is 'on' for the next two transmissions, it seems no one is clearly 'on board' for distributing them, at least locally.

if any new information surfaces on my radar i'll post it.

Pathe branding was a lot more prominent at today's Jewels broadcast.

Katerina Novikova, who was going back and forth between French and English, said in her intro to "Emeralds" that it was created for Violette Verdy and would be danced by Anastasia Stashkevich and Vladislav Lantratov. However, in the printed program, which still had Obraztsova dancing, Obraztsova was partnered with Ivan Alexeyev, and Vladislav Lantratov was partnering Anna Tikhomirova.

Edited to add: I just learned from volcanohunter on the "Jewels"-specific thread that it was Lantratov partnering Stashkevich, and that the theater had the wrong (original) casting.