This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Getting Tickets

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

I love the back of the Balcony for opera when they have Operavision, but for ballet, it's a bit far.

It's also used for some ballet performances, isn't it? I have little experience with ballet at the War Memorial, but during last year's run of Nijinsky, the ballet was projected onto the screens, though I didn't use them.

#17 Quiggin

Quiggin

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

I guess what I would really like to find is a ticket agent with a reasonable markup. Agent prices seem quite high in San Francisco (double or more?). 

Why don't you call Ticket Services directly and discuss your situation - they seem to be fairly flexible on exchanges. This links to some trio packages (elsewhere there's a warning about "demand based priciing" - don't know when that kicks in)

http://www.sfballet....kages/customize

I'll have to keep an eye on Thursdays. Wednesday's curtain is earlier, so I think there are more commuters that night – and there are often Green Room interviews/lectures Weds before the performance.

#18 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Thanks, Quiggin. When I mentioned the lady years ago referring to Thursday as the 'locals' night out', she was just referring to going out in general, which may have had little to do with ballet attendance.

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Thursday night is the "go out" night in parts of Europe.  For example, when I worked onsite with our teams in Ireland, they would have dinner at 9:30 or 10:00pm, followed by a pub followed by a club followed by the wine bar from 2-4am.  (I can stay up very late; it's being vertical after 11pm that's a challenge.)  I could never understand how the young bucks in international finance in London could do this and be at their desks and productive at 8am Friday.

#20 kbarber

kbarber

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

I guess what I would really like to find is a ticket agent with a reasonable markup. Agent prices seem quite high in San Francisco (double or more?).

Why don't you call Ticket Services directly and discuss your situation - they seem to be fairly flexible on exchanges. This links to some trio packages (elsewhere there's a warning about "demand based priciing" - don't know when that kicks in)

http://www.sfballet....kages/customize

I'll have to keep an eye on Thursdays. Wednesday's curtain is earlier, so I think there are more commuters that night – and there are often Green Room interviews/lectures Weds before the performance.

Re demand-based pricing, it seems to kick in whenever. For instance I was in SF last April for two mixed programs, the price of which was the same on the day of the performance as it had been when tickets went on sale the previous November. But by that time, ticket prices for Cinderella, which was still 4 weeks in the future, and was already almost sold out, had doubled (yes, doubled!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):