This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Happy 15th Anniversary, Ballet Alert!-Talk-Alert!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

It just dawned on me that this is the penultimate day of 2013 and that 2013 marks Ballet Alert!'s 15th year anniversary!  How time disappears...

So many thanks to Alexandra for launching this site in 1998, when the Internet was in its toddler days as a far-reaching public entity.  We've waxed and waned in fulfilling BA!'s mission to serve as a place to discuss classical ballet, but the standard is still there for us to try to meet.

I'd also like to thank dirac for her commitment to providing Links at least six days a week, and for always adding links as they surface after the current day, and to Mme. Hermine for posting lLinks on the other days.  rg shares his his wonderful collection of historic photographs and postcards that grace Ballet Alert! flowers.gif .  BA! would not be the same wonderful resource without them.

Thank you to Carley, our tireless site Registrar, whose work is almost entirely behind the scenes, and who continues the non-stop effort to battle the spammers who try to infiltrate us, and to our Moderating team.  We appreciate the people who donate to keep us up and running, and our members, whose participation and insight makes us an online community.

Happy almost New Year to all!

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Absolutely -- many thanks to everyone here!

I wandered onto the internet during the old Usenet days (rec.arts.dance and alt.arts.ballet) and have never ceased to be fascinated by how people manage to discuss dance in the ether.  It's been a blast!

#3 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yay! Many thanks to everyone who keeps this site up and running. Y'all deserve an extra flute of champagne this New Year's. flowers.gif

#4 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

My deepest thanks, as well. This forum is life-enriching and important in so many ways. Blessings to everyone in 2014, and beyond.

#5 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yes, thanks to everyone who operates this site.  And Happy New Year.

#6 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

I've learned so much on this site and am very grateful to all those that make it run so smoothly. Thank you and Happy New Year to all!

#7 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

for the occasion:

Attached Files

#8 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Oh, that is just lovely -- thank you!

#9 SandyMcKean

SandyMcKean

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

......and let's not forget a BIG thanks to Helene who, with tireless and never ending effort, keeps this ship afloat and heading, at least generally, in its stated direction!

A Standing Ovation to everyone involved.  BA is one of my most treasured past times.

#10 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think it's a very good sign that so many of the people who joined the site in the very early days are still posting here!

#11 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yes Helene..I. want to echo your words of thanks. Ballet Talk has been quite a wonderful cyber companion for me in quite few years.. and of course...THANK TO YOU for so wisely calm down heated discussions at repeated ocassions. I am FREEZING in the city right now, but having a SUPER good time. Happy New Year everyone!!

#12 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Happy New Year to you all, with grateful wishes!  flowers.gif

#13 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

......and let's not forget a BIG thanks to Helene who, with tireless and never ending effort, keeps this ship afloat and heading, at least generally, in its stated direction!

Most definitely! And thank you, Alexandra and dirac and carbro and rg and Mme. Hermine!

#14 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Alexandra, Carley, Helene, Dirac, rg--------thanks for YOUR memoriestiphat.giftiphat.giftiphat.giftiphat.giftiphat.gif

#15 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thank you so much for your generous giving of your time... Looking forward to the next fifteen years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):