2 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

An interview with Zachary Catazaro.

"I've done around 20 principal roles. Things are looking good," said Catazaro, a member of NYCB's corps de ballet. "It's a transitional point in the company. Four principal dancers are retiring and it's my turn to really step up to the things that they're giving me. I'm usually either understudying principal roles or performing them."

Major roles have been coming frequently for Catazaro, who was hired as an apprentice by New York City Ballet in 2007. He's been Romeo in two runs of "Romeo and Juliet," and last season danced prominently in Christopher Wheeldon's "Soiree Musicale" and Balanchine's "Western Symphony."

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Roslyn Sulcas reviews Sleeping Beauty at the Paris Opera:

http://www.nytimes.c...allet.html?_r=0

He first staged it at 28 for La Scala, then for several other companies before bringing it to the Paris Opera in 1989 in his last year as artistic director there. Nureyev’s “Beauty,” now being performed by the Paris company for the first time in nine years, is packed with pomp and ceremony, with Baroque court dances and decorous formations of courtiers and royals, fairies and dryads. Its décor, by Ezio Frigerio, is sumptuous, with classical columns and reclining nudes embellished by Rococo detail; the costumes, by Franca Squarciapino, are an excessively gorgeous riot of color and gold braid.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

An interview with Jennifer Lauren.

And although she's been dancing solo roles for the MCB, Sugar Plum Fairy marks another plateau achieved; it's just one of those top roles.

“I still kind of can't believe it,” she said. “It's been a long road here. At the Alabama Ballet we didn't have titles, but I was a principal dancer, and I gave up that spot to come be in Miami and start again at the bottom. It's finally come back around."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):