This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Alice Renavand named étoile

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Alice Renavand was named an étoile following her debut in Le Parc this evening.

http://www.operadepa...danseuse-etoile

#2 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Congratulations to Alice, one of the most interesting artists of the company flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations, Ms. Renavand :flowers:

#4 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Do people think Renavand was a good choice? Aside form a couple of YouTube videos, I've not seen much of anything showing her dancing. I can't remember seeing anything spectacular or suprising in those videos, but it wasn't much to go on.

Was this  a much deserved promotion, or does it seem like the POB is rushing to fill vacancies?

#5 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I've seen her only a handful of times, but I agree with silvermash that she is genuinely interesting.

#6 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Alice Renavand is atypical. She is a real creative artist and has a very intelligent way of dancing and using of her qualities.

Most of the choreographers creating for POB  wants her and despite she remained Sujet until 2012, she may have the longest list of creations of the company and solist roles in contemporary repertoire.

She’s up to me an essential artist in a large company which deserves a vast range of types of Etoiles. 

#7 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

A little bit of footage from the announcement, courtesy of AFP.

#8 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

I think it's an exciting and well-deserved promotion. She is also still on an upward trajectory in terms of interest. Some of the other promotions have come rather late and when the dancers' creative powers (IMO) have waned a bit.

#9 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

The official video on POB web site smile.png

http://www.dailymoti...d/video/x18rk63

#10 hydraulix

hydraulix

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Indeed a well-deserved nomination. I was especially rooting for her as I thought she would be a terrific asset to the list of étoiles. To me, she definitely has that 'special aura' which truly defines an étoile. She's very elegant and next to that a classical, 'mysterious' beauty. I think she will be a breathtaking Nikiya.

#11 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I  agree that Alice Renevand is a most interesting dancer, she Is one of the future for new works and traditional ones as well, it is good she has been given the chance.  All I hope is that she will be able to cope with the strains and stresses related to stardom

, and can enjoy her career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):