Cygnet

Altynai Asylmuratova: Advisor to Gen. Dir. of Mikhailovsky Ballet

11 posts in this topic

Former Prima Ballerina of the Mariinsky (Kirov) Ballet, and Artistic Director of the Vaganova Academy,

Altynai Asylmuratova has landed her new job. She has been named by Vladimir Kehkman as the Mikhailovsky

Ballet's Advisor to the General Director. She starts tomorrow 12/11/13. Brava Altynai and congratulations!yahoo.gif

http://izvestia.ru/news/562241

Well, lucky for the Mikhailovsky and too bad for the Vaganova Academy.

Former Prima Ballerina of the Mariinsky (Kirov) Ballet, and Artistic Director of the Vaganova Academy,

Altynai Asylmuratova has landed her new job. She has been named by Vladimir Kehkman as the Mikhailovsky

Ballet's Advisor to the General Director. She starts tomorrow 12/11/13. Brava Altynai and congratulations!yahoo.gif

http://izvestia.ru/news/562241

Is this a full time job?

This sounds suspiciously like a somewhat ceremonial job.

The article says they plan on reorganizing the company's staff in the spring--presumably at that time her position/responsibilities would be clarified.

I did find myself wondering if this was solely Kekhman's decision (which might have a bearing on what happens next).

ITA. Mikhail Messerer is still slated to be the new A.D. of the ballet company, after Duato steps down in February 2014.

I'm sad to see these developments. A.A. is basically being paid to shut up, I feel.

All these "advisors" positions are usually very greyish...I suspect more changes are probably on the move. She seems to be getting some place to stand meanwhile...

Ayupova was an important coach at the Mikhailovsky. Now that she is leaving for Asylmuratova's old position at Vaganova school (or, as Helene said on another thread, what's left of it) perhaps Asylmuratova will take over some of her coaching duties. (If Kekhman knew Ayupova would be leaving that many even be what he had in mind...) I'm just guessing about of course...

Wonder if he plays chess - innocent.gif

Well, in any case, he hasn't done too badly at bringing the Mikhailovsky international attention ...