This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

12/26 to 01/02 in NYC..Suggestions..!!

Sooo...I managed to squeeeeze my end of the year schedule in the hospital so I was able to get me those days off, and I just bought me and my mom plane tickets to spend New Year's Eve in the city! Yaay! yahoo.gif New Yorkers...I will accept ANY suggestions for entertainment purposes...meaning...places to go on that very night-(I tried one year to get to Times Square and I won't even try to repeat it...it was a nightmare)...restaurants, theater shows around those days...ANYTHING that could make my days over there ever better!

(I would like to see the Rockettes...)

Thanks in advance! tiphat.gif

The Ratmansky Nutcracker will have ended before you arrive but there is so much available anyway. Be sure to check Goldstar.com asap. A brief, free registration is required but their discounts for performances and NY "experiences" are often excellent. They do add fees but they are much less than those of most theaters. As of this morning they had nicely discounted seats for the Rockettes for dates you are in NY. Since you are visiting during our most popular tourist season this is the one time I strongly suggest you get your tickets in advance.

Jayne...I skated at the Rockefeller plaza only one time-(the only time I've done it..). I thought I wasn't going to be able to stand on those things, but I guess my roller blading training was good enough...I skated for two hours and didn't fall once..! happy.png

Sandik..I certainly will tell once I'm back. I can't wait to get out of the end of the year hospital madness!

Jayne...I skated at the Rockefeller plaza only one time-(the only time I've done it..). I thought I wasn't going to be able to stand on those things, but I guess my roller blading training was good enough...I skated for two hours and didn't fall once..! happy.png

Sandik..I certainly will tell once I'm back. I can't wait to get out of the end of the year hospital madness!

For something beautiful and different, go to the Cloisters. The extraordinary sound installation is now over, but this setting always takes my breath away. It's a wonderful way to escape the mad house that is Christmas in NYC! Also, any time listening to the choir singing at St. Thomas Church on Fifth Avenue is time well spent. If you do like crowds, try the covered kiosks at either Union Square or Columbus Circle. Always fun. Balthazar's in SoHo for a fun dining experience.

New York String Orchestra Seminar concert, a Carnegie Hall presentation (not a rental), on December 28. http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2013/12/28/0800/PM/New-York-String-Orchestra/

Fantastically talented musicians, 16-23 years old, conducted by Jaime Laredo. Leon Fleisher and Johannes String Quartet performing with the students. It is the 45th season of the seminar and Jaime Laredo's 20th anniversary running it -- quite a special occasion.