This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Getting into the spirit...

The Nutcracker is playing on the radio as I type and it reminded me that I always love hearing it. Even after going through more than a decade of watching Nutcracker rehearsals and performances as my daughter became a dancer, it never grew old for me. Before I had children in ballet, I'd light the candles on the Christmas tree sometime around midnight or 1 am when the house was still and I was the only one up, pour myself a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and put my Nutcracker record on the stereo. Sitting in the glow of the candlelight, I was transported to one of my favourite places in the world...

My grad school has a waltz every December with a live (student) orchestra that I used to play in. After three years of pestering the conductors, they finally added some Tchaikovsky waltzes to the set lists, so last night I got to dance to the Waltz of the Flowers - it was delightful!

My grad school has a waltz every December with a live (student) orchestra that I used to play in. After three years of pestering the conductors, they finally added some Tchaikovsky waltzes to the set lists, so last night I got to dance to the Waltz of the Flowers - it was delightful!

Excellent!