Tiara

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

I have a very short wish list, both for Mariinsky ballerinas:

Yulia Stepanova to dance Nikiya in La Bayadere

Oksana Marchuk to dance Syuimbike in Shurale

Those are my two favourite ballets and my two favourite ballerinas!

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

And another performance where Lorena Feijoo just dances everything (I bet she could, and brilliantly).

And then could she come and do it in London too, please? And a few other roles, while she's here...
From our mouths to the Gods of Ballet ears!
Oh..I really hope I could see her before she retires...(she should be around 42 or maybe older I think). I was able to see her very beginnings-(just as with Toto Carreno)-and just as with him I would love to see its end.

#18 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

And another performance where Lorena Feijoo just dances everything (I bet she could, and brilliantly).

Oh..I really hope I could see her before she retires...(she should be around 42 or maybe older I think). I was able to see her very beginnings-(just as with Toto Carreno)-and just as with him I would love to see its end.

It's such a satisfaction when you can do that -- I've had that experience a couple of times and have really appreciated it.

#19 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hmmm...A lot of wishes for SFB here...

Aurélie Dupont can join SFB for Giselle this season - she has my permission.

#20 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

But who else to cast -- what would be the best mix for her?

#21 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

But who else to cast -- what would be the best mix for her?

Santa is demanding this year... Albrecht is a tough one: whether to choose another 'wish' performer, or go with one of the locals (perhaps Davit Karapetyan, or Tiit Helimets). Bringing Manuel Legris back to perform one-more-time! probably isn’t possible. So, Nicolas Le Riche.

Damien Smith as Hilarion, and Sofiane Sylve as Myrtha, or Feijoo.

#22 LiLing

LiLing

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

Sandik, I second your vote for The Green Table, but by the Graham Co.  I long to see ABT revive Tudor's Echoing of Trumpets, which I have never seen. 

#23 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Sandik, I second your vote for The Green Table, but by the Graham Co.  I long to see ABT revive Tudor's Echoing of Trumpets, which I have never seen. 

What an interesting idea -- I was being totally self-centered in my wish, since PNB is my hometown company and I'd like to see those dancers step up to that challenge, but the Graham company would be a fascinating choice for this work.  I don't know enough about the current company to think about casting -- do you have thoughts?

I've never seen Echoing live, but there is a very washed-out film of a Swedish production floating around in the ether.  I remember moments looking very much like Tudor (very specific use of the upper body) but don't have a sense of the work as a whole.

#24 Kathleen O'Connell

Kathleen O'Connell

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Not exactly a specific casting wish list, but ... I'd like to see ABT extend its fall season at the Theater Formerly Known as State (TFKS) by several weeks so that we can see more dancers from the corps and soloist ranks in featured roles and in ensembles from rep other than story ballet warhorses. This fall's season there was a delight, but there just wasn't enough of it. 

I'd like to see them decamp from the Met for TFKS altogether, of course, though scheduling around NYCB's three non-Nuts seasons there would be a challenge. Plus Paul Taylor now seems happily ensconced at TFKS for a regular three week gig during the break between NYCB's winter and spring seasons ... 

#25 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Not exactly a specific casting wish list, but ... I'd like to see ABT extend its fall season at the Theater Formerly Known as State (TFKS) by several weeks so that we can see more dancers from the corps and soloist ranks in featured roles and in ensembles from rep other than story ballet warhorses. This fall's season there was a delight, but there just wasn't enough of it. 

Absolutely agree!  Adding that to my wish list too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):