This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Maya Plisetskaya as Fashion Model, 1970

The second song is "Alley Cats" --

she seems to be doing a jazz Raymonda. Works for me. I adore Plisetskaya - -i waited 90 minutes for her to come out of hte theater once, she autographed my souvenir program up the side of her leg in the centerfold Carmen, in which she did a lot of poses like these.

Sandik said 'several times she took what I thought looked like a modified second position, sometimes with her arms on her hips'
yes, indeed, and her arms in a grand second position like Raymonda, and if both hands go to the hips instead of one going to the back of the head, well, it STILL seems to me kinda like Raymonda.

Sandik said 'several times she took what I thought looked like a modified second position, sometimes with her arms on her hips'
yes, indeed, and her arms in a grand second position like Raymonda, and if both hands go to the hips instead of one going to the back of the head, well, it STILL seems to me kinda like Raymonda.

I was trying this out earlier today and realized it reminds me of Peter Pan, when he's mimicking the pirates. Wide stance, slightly tilted back and a challenge in his eye. For Raymonda, I think there needs to be more torque in the upper body -- this seems more symmetrical.

Cristian's choices: happy.png

Winner: Light short design with cape at 05:09.

2-Short black cocktail number at 05:46

3-Light short number at 00:57

I don't find the styles to be particularly great, but I don't find them to be particularly awful either. I like Maya in her thigh high boots, and her little black pumps. And she looks good in the flared long length number at 3:26 (though its pretty basic).

Always like her non-canned smile, and I love her swagger.