This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet's Greatest Hits: YAGP documentary

The gala performance at YAGP is now available for instant download on Amazon for $9.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Ballets-Greatest-Hits-Nigel-Lythgoe/dp/B00GHZFNAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1385066813&sr=1-1&keywords=ballet%27s+greatest+hits

It appears this is the only way to obtain it, with no actual DVDs listed as available. But what a treat to see a recording of specialized interest available through download. (Don't forget to go through the Amazon box on this site if you are going to purchase it!)

It's also available for purchase/rental on iTunes, Google Play and YouTube. Amazon is US only, but iTunes works for people in United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, Israel, Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Gambia, Greece, Fiji, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Mozambique, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Swaziland.

Ballet's Greatest Hits is not going to be released on DVD in the US, only as a digital download.

Also, in reference to the iTunes comments above, it's worth noting that if you get the HD version (meaning high-definition 1080p) it is actually superior in quality to a DVD. It has to do with the different codecs used - iTunes uses H.264 while DVDs use MPEG-2. The HD download version would be almost comparable to Blu-Ray. So in terms of overall image quality, the download is a better product.

This is not available in iTunes in Japan, but it is already released in DVD here. I bought one today.

http://www.fairynet.co.jp/SHOP/4560219322936.html

does that say 4410 yen, Naomi? Or about $44? That's pretty pricy by N American DVD standards. However, maybe I will pick one up when I am in Tokyo in February!

Sorry for the belated reply. Yes, it is 4410 yen, and it is 44 dollars. This DVD is more expensive than other DVDs here. Well, see you in Tokyo in February Katherine, I will go to that performance you are coming!