dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Reviews of Ballet West.

The Salt Lake Tribune

The few American ballet companies that have made it to their 50th anniversary have elected to celebrate in a number of ways. San Francisco Ballet produced a New Works festival, Boston launched a world tour, but Ballet West came up with a different approach: welcoming home those who made it all happen from the beginning.

Hundreds of dancers and members of the Ballet West family converged on Salt Lake City this week to enjoy each other and a major revival of founder Willam F. Christensen’s magical version of "The Firebird."

Broadway World

Salt Lake City's Ballet West is 50 years old. And to celebrate this grand occasion, Ballet West opened its 50th season with three very fitting ballets: The Firebird, Petite Mort, and Who Cares?

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

An interview with Alan Foley.

Alan founded Cork City Ballet, which is celebrating its 21st anniversary this year. The company has enjoyed great success performing full-scale productions including Swan Lake, Giselle and The Nutcracker.

From an early age, Alan trained with Joan Denise Moriarty, Ireland's first lady of dance. He is hugely passionate about the company and a joy to talk to. When he was studying with Moriarty, he knew he wanted to travel but also had the idea of setting up something in Ireland.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

An obituary for Jack Mitchell by Bruce Weber in The New York Times.

Mr. Mitchell was the official photographer for the American Ballet Theater, and he chronicled the work of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater for decades. Posing dancers, encouraging them to leap, to stretch, to point their feet, he “had a way of either moving you into the pose or getting you into the pose and keeping you live while you were in it,” Kevin McKenzie, the artistic director of American Ballet Theater, said in Mr. Highberger’s film, “My Life Is Black and White.”

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Heather Ogden's perfect Saturday.

“I’m not one for sleeping in, but I do like lounging in bed. My husband, Guillaume, is a coffee addict. That’s the first thing on his brain in the morning. He usually pops out to Mercury Espresso Bar (915 Queen St. E., 647-435-4779) to get a macchiato for himself and a London Fog for me.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):