This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2015 US Tour

mussel

It has been announced that RB will be touring Chicago, DC and NYC June 2015

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/chi-auditorium-theatre-125-anniversary,0,480967.column

The Royal Ballet will present Carlos Acosta's production of “Don Quixote," a triple bill of Wayne McGregor's “The Art of Fugue,” Christopher Wheeldon's “Aeternum," and a still-in-progress piece from choreographer Liam Scarlett, which will premiere at the Royal Opera House in London in Feb. 2015. The Auditorium will be part of a three-city, 2015 tour of the United States that also includes the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York.

Royal Ballet dates for the Kennedy Center were announced today. June 9-14.

I guess they will be stopping in New York after the Kennedy Center.

RB will be in Chicago June 18-21 with Don Q: http://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/pages/home/performances-events/performances.php?event_id=520

NYC will be the last stop after Chicago. It seems RB will compete with ABT head on, my worst fear. I have to choose between NYCB and ABT early in the season, I really hate being forced to pick between 2 companies again. It will be ABT 75th anniversary season, I assume ABT will pull out all the stops.

Royal Ballet dates for the Kennedy Center were announced today. June 9-14.

I guess they will be stopping in New York after the Kennedy Center.

RB will be in Chicago June 18-21 with Don Q: http://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/pages/home/performances-events/performances.php?event_id=520

NYC will be the last stop after Chicago. It seems RB will compete with ABT head on, my worst fear. I have to choose between NYCB and ABT early in the season, I really hate being forced to pick between 2 companies again. It will be ABT 75th anniversary season, I assume ABT will pull out all the stops.

does anyone have any idea when Lincoln Center is likely to announce the specific dates for each program (ie Don Q and the Mixed program, presuming RB is doing both in NY?)

It depends on whether the tour is part of Lincoln Center Festival. LCF announced its lineup in March in the past but it's January this year. If the tour is not part of LCF, it's up to the touring company, i.e. Mik announced its Nov. NYC tour last month. Bolshoi announced its NYC schedule, then removed it from its website and put it back after LCF announcement, it seems LCF request its participants not to announce their lineups until LCF does. LCF usually starts early July after its resident companies finish their annual residencies, if RB comes to NYC immediately after Chicago, it may not be part of LCF.

It has been announced that RB will be touring Chicago, DC and NYC June 2015

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/chi-auditorium-theatre-125-anniversary,0,480967.column

The Royal Ballet will present Carlos Acosta's production of “Don Quixote," a triple bill of Wayne McGregor's “The Art of Fugue,” Christopher Wheeldon's “Aeternum," and a still-in-progress piece from choreographer Liam Scarlett, which will premiere at the Royal Opera House in London in Feb. 2015. The Auditorium will be part of a three-city, 2015 tour of the United States that also includes the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., and the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York.

Looks like only Don Q in Chicago and Washington now, according to the Auditorium Theatre and Kennedy Center websites. Does anyone know if the triple bill might still be on for NY? The Lincoln Center website is, typically, unhelpful. It doesn't even mention the Royal Ballet!

Covent Garden just sent out its January e-newsletter, which includes this information about the NYC engagement:

In June 2015 The Royal Ballet will continue a fine tradition of international touring as they return to the United States. Individuals are invited to support The Royal Ballet and join the Company on the New York leg of the tour between 23 and 28 June when they will be performing at the David H Koch Theater within the Lincoln Centre, including a Gala performance and two mixed programmes by British choreographers.

I don't know if this is part of the Lincoln Center Festival. The Festival plans to announce its summer programming on Friday, January 23 and priority tickets for Friends will go on sale that day. Let's hope they got the bugs out of their ticketing system, after last year's fiasco with the Bolshoi!