Photos of John JonesJohn Jones African American dancer with Antony Tudor, Jerome Robbins, PA Ballet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 john jones

john jones

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hello Folks,

I am writing on behalf of John Jones.   He is leaving the country and would like to have some photos of himself dancing.  If you have access to any photos could you post them?  He danced between 1957 - 2000.    Thank you so much!!   He has not been able to aquire any of his past photos or videos.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi, "john jones," and welcome to BalletAlert.

Just to let you know, members (except rg and Admins) cannot post photos or videos directly to the site, but they can link to external sites. Most videos will automatically embed.

As a New Member, you do not yet have PM privileges. If anyone wants to contact you directly, they should do so by emailing us at ballet.alert.2@gmail.com, and we will zip their email on to you.

I hope you get some good videos and photos. It's very sad that after such a long and busy career Mr. Jones has nothing to show others.

I wish him all the best in this next phase of his life.

#3 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Have you tried searching Google-Images? I just entered: John Jones dance - and quite a few things come up. I don't know what he looks like, so I have no idea if he's in any of those photos. If you have the name of a company he danced with, you might try Google-images again, perhaps: John Jones company name. Good luck!

#4 john jones

john jones

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thanks.  We did try it.  We actually came across one photo of him on this site under Jerome Robbins.    We were hoping to find a few more.

#5 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

He seems to appear in part of this film, in the library at LIncoln Center:

http://nypl.biblioco...(motion_picture)

Title: Robert Joffrey Ballet (Motion picture)

Publisher:1965
Characteristics: 1 reel. 30 min. 1080 ft. :,sd. b&w. ;,16 mm.

Notes: (U.S.A.: Dance. No. 3) Telecast on WNET-TV, New York. Executive producer: Jac Venza. Producer: Virginia Kassel. Director: Karl Genus. Author: Bo Goldman

Opus '65: excerpt. Choreography: Anna Sokolow. Music Teo Macero. Performed by Margo Sappington, Richard Gain, John Jones, Ian Horvath, and Dennis Nahat.

#6 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Is this it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):