16 replies to this topic

#16 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,261 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Edward Villella sets "Tarantella" on students of the University of Arizona School of Dance.

“What makes this dance a Balanchine dance are the intricacies,” Villella went on. “This tiny little piece is full of hundreds of connections, there are layers of departure points.

“I had to study each of these subtle inside points myself when I first learned ‘Tarantella,’ The piece is known for its complicated rhythms, too, but if you break the rhythms down they are simple juxtapositions of related ideas.

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,261 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

A feature relating the new documentary about Tanaquil Le Clercq to current efforts to control the disease that crippled her.

Tanny reminds us of the devastation that polio causes: it ruins lives and shatters dreams. At its height, polio devastated the lives of hundreds of thousands around the world, from infants to celebrities to future presidents. Since 1956, when Tanny contracted polio, the world has made giant strides toward eradication. Thanks to a global effort to eliminate the disease, polio cases have decreased by more than 99 per cent since 1988 -- from an estimated 350,000 cases to just a few hundred today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):