This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sleeping Beauty: discussion with Macaulay, Greskovic, Vaughan

A discussion of Sleeping Beauty will be presented November 12 at the Bruno Walter Auditorium at Lincoln Center:

http://lc.lincolncenter.org/shows/208653?show_date=2013-11-12%2018:00:00

Alastair Macaulay, dance critic for The New York Times, will lead a conversation exploring the various versions and interpretations

of the much-loved ballet with The Wall Street Journal writer Robert Greskovic and dance historian David Vaughan.

i think NYPL does record the events it presents, tho' when such records get put into its catalog is likely a separate matter.

and i'm not sure these recordings, if video, actually include the video clips that get shown with the conversation, as these are copyrights of whole other order.

i'm not sure these recordings, if video, actually include the video clips that get shown with the conversation, as these are copyrights of whole other order.

Oh, I know. Listening to the radio earlier today, to someone from a news service that seems to spend all its time going through video on the internet and tracking down actual photographers/people in the video to assign authorship and verify accuracy. It sounds almost like a forensic process -- what a Herculean task!

to clarify: this discussion was first given last April to an invited audience.

the material planned for discussion more than took up the time of the presentation. there was no opportunity for a question-and-answer portion.

i suspect that will be the same this time.