This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tsiskaridze back for NYE Nut?

It was the least they could do.

Tsiskaridze has proven to be extremely knowledgeable on ballet history and has shown to exhibit a great eye for talent, which many do not have such vision. He wanted to have Filin's job, but that is not going to happen soon, but he cannot be ballet director of a lower ranked company, so Mariinsky Ballet director seems to be his only possibility. Is Gergiev willing to hand over the ballet director position that he has never relinquished in his 18 years as Mariinsky director? Both Vaziev and Fateyev have been acting directors and Gergiev wants to be ballet director. Tsiskaridze will never accept, in my opinion, acting ballet director, but is Gergiev willing to hire a true ballet director?.

Mariinsky Ballet and actually every ballet company in the world, needs Tstiskaridze as their ballet director, but i can only imagine Tsiskaridze accepting Bolshoi or Mariinsky. Incidentally, Tsiksridze is talked about in Russian forums as attending many Mariinsky performances, so my guess is that he would be interested in REAL Mariinsky Ballet Director job.

Mariinsky Ballet and actually every ballet company in the world, needs Tstiskaridze as their ballet director, but i can only imagine Tsiskaridze accepting Bolshoi or Mariinsky. Incidentally, Tsiksridze is talked about in Russian forums as attending many Mariinsky performances, so my guess is that he would be interested in REAL Mariinsky Ballet Director job.

If so, Tsiskaridze needs someone to help him to communicate and cooperate with the choreographers of modern ballets in the world. Oh, poor Ratmansky and Wheeldon!

helpsmilie.gif

Tsiskaridze is absolutely charismatic on stage and surely knowledgeable in classical ballet, which I could know from YouTube only so far. When I saw his dancing on YouTube for the first time, I was instantly caught. I felt so disappointed, when I knew he was not going to London with Bolshoi troupe last summer.

innocent.gif

It appears that this performance will not take place. Minister Medinsky and General Director Urin may have been negotiating a special "farewell" performance for Tsiskaridze, but it appears that no one actually asked Tsiskaridze whether he was interested. (Tsiskaridze's online fan base always suspected as much.) He says that he no longer wishes to dance; he's now studying to become a lawyer. In the meantime, though, I'm sure the scalpers have made a killing selling tickets to the December 31 performance on the basis of rumors that Tsiskaridze would perform.

http://izvestia.ru/news/559251

http://www.itar-tass.com/c17/921215.html