This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

AOL On: Cityballet.comexecutive produced by Sarah Jessica Parker

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 lmspear

lmspear

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

During this period ABT used children in Petruchka, La Sylpide (in the reel) and in Etudes. SJP could easily have been on stage with ABT in that capacity and I wouldn't put it past a fashion, entertainment, or human interest reporter to be uniformed enough to assume and report that she was a company member.

#62 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,533 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

And then there was the Paul McCartney score to attract aging baby boomers writing their wills.

Oh, I expect some of those superannuated types may already be regular balletgoers, hobbling out to see the company (admittedly hard to see through the cataracts) when not taking meetings with the estates and trust guy, even when music by the Cute One isn't on the menu. :)

I've seen some, not all, of the new series. It seems to hit all the usual marks pleasantly enough and I enjoyed seeing the clips of dancers in class. Truly the beautiful people. Martins comes through well as he often does in interviews. It would be nice to hear more from ballet masters and mistresses and perhaps SAB faculty as well  but perhaps I just haven't gotten far enough into the series.

People new to the ballet might actually benefit more from a few episodes of "Breaking Pointe," for all its flaws, if only because the longer form permits the conveyance of more information and because the tone is less bland. I'm not sure how interesting these bits and pieces would be for me if I weren't already interested in ballet and curious about today's NYCB.

#63 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I've been watching this series with interest and I'm very surprised at how insecure Megan LeCrone seems. She's one of my favorites and I hope she becomes more secure doesn't just worry constantly "what Peter wants."

#64 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

I've been watching this series with interest and I'm very surprised at how insecure Megan LeCrone seems. She's one of my favorites and I hope she becomes more secure doesn't just worry constantly "what Peter wants."

Megan LeCrone was promoted from corps to soloist in February of this year. Was this series filmed before then?

#65 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Megan LeCrone was promoted from corps to soloist in February of this year. Was this series filmed before then?

I believe after, because she talks about becoming a soloist and getting paranoid because as a soloist, she dances less and she's always worried.

#66 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

I believe after, because she talks about becoming a soloist and getting paranoid because as a soloist, she dances less and she's always worried.

Thanks, canbelto, I'll have to go back to those clips. I guess she's worried that she won't become a principal. 

#67 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

A second series is going to be produced.

http://www.pointemag...s-second-season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):