• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

The Great Performances section of the PBS website mentions Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty as part of their 40th anniversary programming -- did I sleep through this, or has it not run yet?

#2 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The Great Performances section of the PBS website mentions Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty as part of their 40th anniversary programming -- did I sleep through this, or has it not run yet?

Well they'd better find time to show the performance as it's in all their marketing materials.  ;)

But I'm still angry that (last year) after advertising SF Ballet's Nutcracker, they pulled it at the last moment to air NYCB's 1993 Nutcracker - because we can't see Macaulay Culkin often enough. Why show something well done, but not known by as many people, when you can show something that people are already familiar with? Genius!

#3 naomikage

naomikage

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty DVD/Blu-ray will be released on September 30th.

http://www.amazon.co...SIN/B00E4V0FAG/

#4 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on the DVD release -- I'm still wondering about a PBS showing though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):