• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

How disappointing that both screenings of the Tanaquil Leclerq documentary at the NYFF are already sold out.  Does anyone know when the film will be broadcast on PBS?

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

as i understand it, yes, this is due for a PBS airing, tho' i have no particulars.

#3 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

I've heard nothing of actual air dates, but the important thing to know is that the documentary is a co-production with the PBS American Masters series, so we can expect to see it on TV sometime, and possibly on DVD.

#4 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

a colleague has just noted the following in an email today, Sep. 10, about an additional slot for the film under discussion here:

<<

I found they added a 3rd public screening on Sunday 10/13 at 6pm, that went on sale this morning.

>>

#5 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

you can watch it on youtube here: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lmnnhq_ZXlw

#6 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

the film under discussion here is AFTERNOON OF A FAUN: TANAQUIL LE CLERCQ, a 93 min. docu. about TCL and her life and career, not a film of Robbins ballet.

it will have its first? public screening at the upcoming New York Film Festival.

#7 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

I only hope that when the documentary is shown on PBS or is available for sale, the full version is shown. I remember that with Elusive Muse, the full film was only showed at the festival.

#8 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I only hope that when the documentary is shown on PBS or is available for sale, the full version is shown. I remember that with Elusive Muse, the full film was only showed at the festival.

The full 105 minute video was for sale for awhile, so we have good grounds to hope that the full Leclerq documentary will be sold as well.

#9 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

kfw, I think that's even shorter than it was at the festival. The DVD is longer than the PBS special but that is even several minutes shorter than when it was originally shown. That's from my memory. Maybe I'm wrong. I tried to look it up in Nexis but articles from back then didn't have the running time.

#10 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

kfw, I think that's even shorter than it was at the festival. The DVD is longer than the PBS special but that is even several minutes shorter than when it was originally shown.

Wow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):