This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Saturday, August 31

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

Barbara Ruth Vinson of Lubbock receives a full-tuition scholarship at the School of American Ballet.

Nevertheless, said Barbara, her bottom line was that, “Ever since I was a little bitty girl, I wanted to become a professional dancer with the New York City Ballet.“Although I never expected this to happen.”

Asked if she could talk at all about her current, deepest dream, she paused a moment, then said, “I want to dance just once, in anything, as a New York City Ballet principal dancer. Even if it is just a pas de deux in ‘The Nutcracker.’

“In anything.”

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

An interview with the four choreographers whose works are on the opening program of Houston Ballet's 44th season.

We asked each choreographer, "Why this piece, at this time, for this company?" A surprising theme emerged: Each of them started with another plan.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Wendy Whelan tells The Wall Street Journal about her favorite techie gadgets.

I take photos with my iPhone camera. In fact, taking pictures is the main thing I do with my phone. My case even has a picture of a camera on it. Taking photos is a creative, tactile outlet for me, something that I can do with my hands. When you dance, all your work disappears; it's gone immediately. I find photos so gratifying because they don't disappear; you get to keep them, hold them and possess them.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,516 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

A video interview with Allison DeBona.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):