Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirac

Saturday, August 31

4 posts in this topic

Barbara Ruth Vinson of Lubbock receives a full-tuition scholarship at the School of American Ballet.

Nevertheless, said Barbara, her bottom line was that, “Ever since I was a little bitty girl, I wanted to become a professional dancer with the New York City Ballet.“Although I never expected this to happen.”

Asked if she could talk at all about her current, deepest dream, she paused a moment, then said, “I want to dance just once, in anything, as a New York City Ballet principal dancer. Even if it is just a pas de deux in ‘The Nutcracker.’

“In anything.”

An interview with the four choreographers whose works are on the opening program of Houston Ballet's 44th season.

We asked each choreographer, "Why this piece, at this time, for this company?" A surprising theme emerged: Each of them started with another plan.

Wendy Whelan tells The Wall Street Journal about her favorite techie gadgets.

I take photos with my iPhone camera. In fact, taking pictures is the main thing I do with my phone. My case even has a picture of a camera on it. Taking photos is a creative, tactile outlet for me, something that I can do with my hands. When you dance, all your work disappears; it's gone immediately. I find photos so gratifying because they don't disappear; you get to keep them, hold them and possess them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0