This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Saturday, August 31

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,854 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

Barbara Ruth Vinson of Lubbock receives a full-tuition scholarship at the School of American Ballet.

Nevertheless, said Barbara, her bottom line was that, “Ever since I was a little bitty girl, I wanted to become a professional dancer with the New York City Ballet.“Although I never expected this to happen.”

Asked if she could talk at all about her current, deepest dream, she paused a moment, then said, “I want to dance just once, in anything, as a New York City Ballet principal dancer. Even if it is just a pas de deux in ‘The Nutcracker.’

“In anything.”

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 27,854 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

An interview with the four choreographers whose works are on the opening program of Houston Ballet's 44th season.

We asked each choreographer, "Why this piece, at this time, for this company?" A surprising theme emerged: Each of them started with another plan.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 27,854 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Wendy Whelan tells The Wall Street Journal about her favorite techie gadgets.

I take photos with my iPhone camera. In fact, taking pictures is the main thing I do with my phone. My case even has a picture of a camera on it. Taking photos is a creative, tactile outlet for me, something that I can do with my hands. When you dance, all your work disappears; it's gone immediately. I find photos so gratifying because they don't disappear; you get to keep them, hold them and possess them.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 27,854 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

A video interview with Allison DeBona.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):