This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Michael Kaiser to Wed Economist John Roberts Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Kennedy Center President Michael Kaiser will marry economist John Roberts tomorrow (Saturday, 31 August), and Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will perform the ceremony:

http://www.washingto...0972_story.html

Congratulations to Kaiser and Roberts :flowers:

#2 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• 5,716 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yippee!

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

When you're running a not-for-profit enterprise in the arts, it's always nice to have an economist in the family. Congratulations!

#4 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Not arguing, bart, but I think Kaiser already has an MBA himself.  Best wishes to the happy couple!

#5 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yes, as to Kaiser. But, I don't know, "economist" sounds so much more exotic (or something) than MBA.

#6 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Not arguing, bart, but I think Kaiser already has an MBA himself.  Best wishes to the happy couple!

Yes, as to Kaiser. But, I don't know, "economist" sounds so much more exotic (or something) than MBA.

Economist is decidedly different from MBA....though I am sure that Kaiser knows plenty about the economics of the arts...

Best wishes to Kaiser and Roberts.

#7 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Driving past the Kennedy Center today was a happy reminder of the wedding, Here's wishing them all the best.

#8 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Is he related to the Pennsylvania artistic director named Kaiser?

#9 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

The dancing Kaisers are more than the PB AD: Kevin was a Soloist at PNB for years and another, Russell, was at NYCB and married Margaret Tracey. (I never knew they were a Seattle area family until reading this.). And, from this I learned that they used to sing together as the "Kaiser Brothers."

I think you have to be a redhead to join that club ;). Seriously, I suspect a family tie would have been mentioned when PB performed at the Kennedy Center.

Edited to add: there are five Kaiser brothers, all of whom had careers in ballet, including Dan and Ken.
http://www.bizjourna...2.html?page=all
I don't think "Seattle Business Journal" would have missed a family business connection with Michael Kaiser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):