This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Michael Kaiser to Wed Economist John Roberts Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,476 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Kennedy Center President Michael Kaiser will marry economist John Roberts tomorrow (Saturday, 31 August), and Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will perform the ceremony:

http://www.washingto...0972_story.html

Congratulations to Kaiser and Roberts :flowers:

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yippee!

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

When you're running a not-for-profit enterprise in the arts, it's always nice to have an economist in the family. Congratulations!

#4 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Not arguing, bart, but I think Kaiser already has an MBA himself.  Best wishes to the happy couple!

#5 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yes, as to Kaiser. But, I don't know, "economist" sounds so much more exotic (or something) than MBA.

#6 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Not arguing, bart, but I think Kaiser already has an MBA himself.  Best wishes to the happy couple!

Yes, as to Kaiser. But, I don't know, "economist" sounds so much more exotic (or something) than MBA.

Economist is decidedly different from MBA....though I am sure that Kaiser knows plenty about the economics of the arts...

Best wishes to Kaiser and Roberts.

#7 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Driving past the Kennedy Center today was a happy reminder of the wedding, Here's wishing them all the best.

#8 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Is he related to the Pennsylvania artistic director named Kaiser?

#9 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,476 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

The dancing Kaisers are more than the PB AD: Kevin was a Soloist at PNB for years and another, Russell, was at NYCB and married Margaret Tracey. (I never knew they were a Seattle area family until reading this.). And, from this I learned that they used to sing together as the "Kaiser Brothers."

I think you have to be a redhead to join that club ;). Seriously, I suspect a family tie would have been mentioned when PB performed at the Kennedy Center.

Edited to add: there are five Kaiser brothers, all of whom had careers in ballet, including Dan and Ken.
http://www.bizjourna...2.html?page=all
I don't think "Seattle Business Journal" would have missed a family business connection with Michael Kaiser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):