• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thanks kbarber for the link.  Golding is a gorgeous dancer (what jumps!) and very good partner.  I'll be hoping he performs in NYC sometime in the near future.

or come to Toronto... only an hour away!

#17 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

dirac has posted, on the Links forum, an interview with Lunkina in Maclean's.  She discusses her reasons for taking leave of the Bolshoi and suggests that her plans for the future are up in the air.

Former Bolshoi Ballerina Joins the National Ballet of Canada

Maclean's has also republished an earnlier article ...

The Two Worlds of Svetlana Lunkina

#18 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

dirac has posted, on the Links forum, an interview with Lunkina in Maclean's.  She discusses her reasons for taking leave of the Bolshoi and suggests that her plans for the future are up in the air.

Former Bolshoi Ballerina Joins the National Ballet of Canada

Maclean's has also republished an earnlier article ...

The Two Worlds of Svetlana Lunkina

The "Former Bolshoi Ballerina... " link is to a short CBC item. The Maclean's article was from back in February.

I think saying Lunkina has "joined" the NBOC is misleading, as my understanding is she will have a few guest appearances. Evan McKie hasn't "joined" the NBOC either; he's still a principal with the Stuttgart Ballet.

#19 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Haven't had a chance to read the articles but, she is such a *Remarkable Lovely* artist, I truly hope that she finds a place where she is really comfortable and appreciated.

#20 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Lunkina can be crossed off the NBoC's list of potential Tatianas since she will be appearing in London with the Kings of the Dance during the National Ballet's run of Onegin. I would have been tempted to get on a plane for Toronto to see her in that part.

http://www.broadwayw...-19-22-20130912

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):