This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

RHYTHM IS IT: Documentary on 2003 Le Sacre du Printemps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

At the 90th anniversary of "Le Sacre du Primtemps" in 2003, the Berlin Philharmonic under Simon Rattle collaborated with choreographer Roylston Maldoom and 250 school-aged children on a performance of the work, and a documentary about the collaboration, RHYTHM IS IT was made.  It was released on Kultur last December in time for the Centennial.

Attached File  RHYTHM IS IT Sell Sheet.jpg   312.77KB   0 downloads

#2 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

I bought this back when it was released here in Germany and loved it. :) 

The work which Royston Maldoom and his collegues did with the kids is so important and so inspiring. 

-d-

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

I ordered it, and I'm looking forward to watching it.  I wonder how it will compare to what Jacques d'Amboise did at National Dance Institute, which is the first thing I thought of when I read the description.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):