This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ivan Vasiliev

California

I found Vinogradova a delight in her solo roles during the Bolshoi's U.S. tour -- I didn't see her as Phrygia which she also danced -- and she must be one of the most beautiful women on the ballet stage today.

(I could wish Vasiliev had been more careful in what he said, but at the end of same interview in which he gives the impression he left Osipova for Vinogradova, the interviewer adds, without quoting directly, that Vasiliev later indicated that the relationship with Osipova was already over when he met Vinogradova, so maybe he regretted his earlier words. At least, to give the benefit of the doubt. But yes, just plain old discretion -- as in not answering those questions -- would be better.)

I found Vinogradova a delight in her solo roles during the Bolshoi's U.S. tour -- I didn't see her as Phrygia which she also danced -- and she must be one of the most beautiful women on the ballet stage today.

(I could wish Vasiliev had been more careful in what he said, but at the end of same interview in which he gives the impression he left Osipova for Vinogradova, the interviewer adds, without quoting directly, that Vasiliev later indicated that the relationship with Osipova was already over when he met Vinogradova, so maybe he regretted his earlier words. At least, to give the benefit of the doubt. But yes, just plain old discretion -- as in not answering those questions -- would be better.)

That's true. I thought that might be Vasiliev doing some damage control, but as you say, give the benefit of the doubt. And yes, a simple "I'd rather not discuss that, if you don't mind," would have deflected the query neatly. In any case, it's good that he and Osipova can still work together. Best wishes to the happy couple and all's well that ends well, etc....