This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Carlos Acosta at the London Coliseum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

I went to see my fellow countryman and wow...does he still electrifies the air around him..!

More to come, but as a starter, the program included bits of Balanchine-(Apollo, Rubies), MacMilllan-(Mayerling, Winter Dreams, Gloria, Requiem, Fokine-(Sheherezade, Mort du Cygne), Vaganova-(D&A), Ashton-(Rhapsody), and Wheeldon-(Tryst).

Many curtain calls in a PACKED house. yahoo.gif

Carlos%2BAcosta%2B-%2BClassical%2BSelect

#2 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Sounds wonderful. I am sorry I have not seen Acosta dance more!

#3 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Christian, you may be interested to know that in a dance packed year at the Coliseum, Acosta is the only dancer able to achieve a completely sold out week.  One of the very few dancers in the UK with a profile that extends beyond the ballet fans, he fully deserves his popularity as he earned it the hard way not just through the efforts of the RB PR machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):