Roster Changes

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#46 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I saw they have 4 new members from the school joining the corps as apprentices: Catherine Hurlin, Pasha Knopp, Alexandra Pullen, and Hanna Marshall. I wish ABT had graduation performances like the Bolshoi, Mariinsky, and POB do. Maybe when they get more money they will.

#47 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

They sort of have annual JKO graduation performance at end of July at the Sinatra School auditorium in Long Island City.

#48 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

James Whiteside's Twitter account says to watch for an "exciting" announcement from ABT later this week. Promotion, perhaps? By the way, whatever you may think of him as a danseur, his JbDUBS videos are very funny. And the boy can move!

For the James Whiteside supporters (including me), the Sunday NY Times had an article on people in the NY dance scene to watch, including James Whiteside.  Macauley writes, "It’s hard to imagine that he won’t be promoted to a principal here soon."

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?pagewanted=3

#49 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

I moved the James Whiteside discussion to a new thread.

#50 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Eun Young Ahn is no longer on ABT's website and dancers Mai Aihara, Sungwoo Han and Jonathan Klein joined the corp this month. Their has been a lot of shake up in the corp this year.

#51 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

But still no promotions...mad.gif

#52 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

I saw they have 4 new members from the school joining the corps as apprentices: Catherine Hurlin, Pasha Knopp, Alexandra Pullen, and Hanna Marshall. I wish ABT had graduation performances like the Bolshoi, Mariinsky, and POB do. Maybe when they get more money they will.

None of their names were on the ABT roster printed in the fall season schedule at the Kokh (late Oct/early Nov) but I now see them as Apprentices on the company web, here:

http://www.abt.org/d...tion=apprentice

#53 dancemom101

dancemom101

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Julio Brogado-Young has left ABT. He is no longer on the website and his FB notes he left the Company. He'll be missed.

#54 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I thought that Marcelo Gomes had hinted at that in his Twitter feed, but I was hoping it wasn't.  Bragado-Young was a great actor; sorry to see him go.  I wonder what he'll be doing now?

#55 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

What a loss - an excellent character actor and dancer. I'll miss him as Bottom and so many other things. Best of luck to him in his next pursuit!

#56 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

What a loss - an excellent character actor and dancer. I'll miss him as Bottom and so many other things. Best of luck to him in his next pursuit!

In his Facebook, julio mentions ,he is studying at The William Esper Studio, an acting school.Good Luck to him.

#57 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

There are 5 new Corps members listed in the ABT website, 2 promoted from the Apprentice group. I hope  K Mc will be promoting some deserving corps members to soloists.

#58 ABT Fan

ABT Fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

There are 5 new Corps members listed in the ABT website, 2 promoted from the Apprentice group. I hope  K Mc will be promoting some deserving corps members to soloists.

Yes!  And a soloist or two to principal.

#59 Turandot

Turandot

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Joseph Gorak deserves a promotion and more roles in my opinion. Gemma Bond is seemingly a lifer in the corps and too much time may have passed for her to climb the soloist ladder.

#60 bingham

bingham

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I just log in and saw the headline'"5 promotions to be announced". I was holding my breath with expectations, when i saw that it was with PNB and not ABT. mad.gif  Are there any promotions coming this season? Maybe in the Spring season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):