This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Roster Changes at ABTAbrera, Copeland, Brandt, Forster, Scott, Trenary

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#136 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Looks as though Jessica Saund has been removed from the roster.  I don't recall seeing her all of 2014, wonder where she went.

#137 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

ABT has added some new dancers  to the trainee roster. They have all come from the Studio Company: Lauren Bonfiglio, Scout Forsythe, Courtlyn Hanson, Emily Hayes, Connor Holloway, and Raphael Spyker. I've seen some video's of Scout Forsythe on Youtube and she is a lovely dancer.

#138 nanushka

nanushka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

ABT has added some new dancers  to the trainee roster. They have all come from the Studio Company: Lauren Bonfiglio, Scout Forsythe, Courtlyn Hanson, Emily Hayes, Connor Holloway, and Raphael Spyker. I've seen some video's of Scout Forsythe on Youtube and she is a lovely dancer.

What beautiful long arms and legs!  Her proportions remind me of Veronika Part's, though I suspect she is rather shorter.

#139 pssfrb

pssfrb

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

Kathyrn Boren has joined the Corps from Boston Ballet (she is now on the website). Wondering if anyone in the corps left. I can't keep track.

#140 mussel

mussel

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

New to corps or apprentice : Lauren Bonfiglio, Kathyrn Boren, Scout Forysthe, Raphael Spyker, Courtlyn Hanson, Emily Hayes, Connor Holloway, Rachel Richardson, Marshall Whiteley, Jin Zhang.

No longer on roster: Kelly Boyd, Jessica Saund, and as previously reported Eric Tamm, Nicola Curry, Luis Ribagorda.

All but one of 2014 apprentices joined the corps.

Total head count 92: 16 principals, 9 soloists, 61 corps, 6 apprentices.

#141 pssfrb

pssfrb

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

Thanks mussel.

Nicola Curry is now listed as a Corps member at Australian Ballet

#142 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I wonder why Nicola left ABT's corp to be a member of Australia's corp.

#143 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Well, the climate is better, the air is cleaner and the Australian Ballet offered her a coryphée position, so she isn't stuck at the very bottom. On the other hand, we can all see how easy it is to advance out of ABT's corps. dry.png

#144 abatt

abatt

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

I thought I recalled reading that Curry was getting married to an Australian. 

#145 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Well, the climate is better, the air is cleaner and the Australian Ballet offered her a coryphée position, so she isn't stuck at the very bottom. On the other hand, we can all see how easy it is to advance out of ABT's corps. dry.png

Oh okay I see. Nice to see she has a slightly better position. I was a bit confused on why she would leave one corp to join another instead of leaving for some sort of upgrade elsewhere. And wow, had no idea she was getting married to an Aussie. And that last bit is very true indeed.

#146 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Does Maria Kotchekova know something we don't? On her twitter it says "Principal Dancer with San Francisco Ballet and ABT": https://twitter.com/balletrusse

All the whining and moaning about Misty Copeland possibly being promoted, perhaps Maria will be announced as one of the newest principals of ABT this upcoming season?

#147 abatt

abatt

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

Why would the addition of Kochetkova foreclose the promotion of Misty.  Both events can occur.

#148 Plisskin

Plisskin

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Why would the addition of Kochetkova foreclose the promotion of Misty.  Both events can occur.

I never said it would.

#149 Amour

Amour

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

Does Maria Kotchekova know something we don't? On her twitter it says "Principal Dancer with San Francisco Ballet and ABT": https://twitter.com/balletrusse

Sounds like she does. She scooped ABT. But like abatt said, that certainly doesn't mean Misty won't be promoted.

#150 fondoffouettes

fondoffouettes

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. With Reyes' retirement, ABT is in need of a pint-sized ballerina who can be lifted by Simkin, Cornejo and Gorak. (Even Sarah Lane, if she were treated more favorably by the AD, couldn't do this alone.) I'd love to see Gorak take on Solor and Siegfried, but I can't really imagine him doing so with a ballerina of Boylston's or Copeland's proportions. Kochetkova makes Gelsey Kirkland look downright womanly by comparison.

I don't think the Misty fervor can last forever, but maybe it makes sense for ABT to promote her at this point. Her fame can perhaps sustain good ticket sales for the eight years or so of dancing she still has left in her (based on the career length of most dancers). ABT won't be left with several awkward years of less-than-stellar sales and waning interest, as they were with Herrera, a brilliant dancer whose star shone most brightly in her early years.

I think many of us believe that ABT is going to go through a fallow period over the next few years until the new generation of dancers takes the reigns (and perhaps new management redirects the company's course). Maybe Misty is just a natural part of that slump and will do her part to bolster the company financially and help it weather questionable artistic times. I think I can actually come to terms with that scenario.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):