This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Roster Changes at ABT

In the recently updated Dancer Roster, N Osipova's picture is missing. Does this means that she will not be dancing with ABT next season? Ivan Vasiliev is still listed as a principal dancer.Many corp de ballet dancers are also missing. Among them R Pavan,M Ilyin and R Doble.

In the recently updated Dancer Roster, N Osipova's picture is missing. Does this means that she will not be dancing with ABT next season? Ivan Vasiliev is still listed as a principal dancer.Many corp de ballet dancers are also missing. Among them R Pavan,M Ilyin and R Dob

Thanks for the heads-up. I see many changes, but wonder if somebody with an accurate list could tell us who all has disappeared, especially from the corps, and perhaps where they went (if anybody knows). Messmer is missing, as is Dvororenko. Cojocaru is missing, but I'm not sure she was ever listed. Vishneva is listed.

http://www.abt.org/dancers/default.asp?section=principal

The following corps members from the Met 2013 season program are no longer listed on the web site: Roddy Doble, Mikhail Ilyin, Vitali Krauchenka, Renata Pavam, Sem Sjouke, Bryn Watkins, Katherine Williams

Just curious if anybody knows where they went. I hope they all landed on their feet, so to speak!

I'm not seeing any promotions from corps to soloist or soloist to principal, but perhaps that would be announced separately in a press release, if any happen.

The following corps members from the Met 2013 season program are no longer listed on the web site: Roddy Doble, Mikhail Ilyin, Vitali Krauchenka, Renata Pavam, Sem Sjouke, Bryn Watkins, Katherine Williams

Just curious if anybody knows where they went. I hope they all landed on their feet, so to speak!

I'm not seeing any promotions from corps to soloist or soloist to principal, but perhaps that would be announced separately in a press release, if any happen.

Katherine Williams is still listed as a corps member on ABT's website.

I was hoping some promotions would be announced by now. I hope some are forthcoming.

Cojocaru was never listed as a principal - only a guest artist. I suspect she would continue to guest w. ABT. If Osipova is no longer performing w. ABT, that will be a real loss of $$$$ for ABT. Osipova, I believe, was someone who definitely boosted ticket sales..Maybe she will be a guest artist, and come in for 1 or 2 shows. I get the feeling that we'll be seeing more of Kochetkova.

Cojocaru was never listed as a principal - only a guest artist. I suspect she would continue to guest w. ABT. If Osipova is no longer performing w. ABT, that will be a real loss of $$$$ for ABT. Osipova, I believe, was someone who definitely boosted ticket sales..Maybe she will be a guest artist, and come in for 1 or 2 shows. I get the feeling that we'll be seeing more of Kochetkova.

For this viewer at least, not just a loss of $$$, but of artistry and excitement. I certainly hope Cojocaru and Osipova continue to make guest appearances.

Renata Pavam's bio on her photography website (Renata Pavam Photography) states she is a former ballerina with ABT.

www.renatapavam.com

Renata is a former Ballerina with American Ballet Theatre, where she worked for 12 years, and where she developed her passion for photography. She’s had her work published on Dance Magazine, The New York Post, and the Huffington Post

For this viewer at least, not just a loss of $$$, but of artistry and excitement. I certainly hope Cojocaru and Osipova continue to make guest appearances.

When Alina joined the ENB, she stated that she will continue to dance with ABT and Hamburg Ballet. Maybe, we will finally see Evgenia Obrastzova . She looked wonderful dancing Tatiana with David Hallberg at the Bolshoi.

Katherine Williams is still listed as a corps member on ABT's website.

My mistake! Thanks for catching that!

In my opinion, Evgenia Obrastzova is not a suitable guest for ABT. I saw her performance in Onegin with Hallberg at Bolshoi (live) but her old-style dancing was not suited to the role and there was desperate lack of chemistry. And she is too short for David.

She is a good dancer but mainly a Romantic style ballerina suited for La Sylphide and ABT doesn't have so much romantic style ballets. She did not dance Swan Lake while she was in Mariinsky as her limbs are short. There are many good shortish ballerinas in ABT such as Sarah Lane.

Anderson admitted that he took no part in the rehearsal process until it reached the stage rehearsal phase, and he had not yet arrived in Moscow when Zakharova walked out. It's entirely possible that a dancer may have seemed suitable to him in theory, but then fell short of fulfilling expectations.

I have often wondered if Marianela Nunez will ever guest with ABT, and now may be the time if Osipova's appearances with the company become more limited. She is a beautiful dancer and suited to a lot of ABT's rep.

That these corps dancers have left the company is substantiated: they were removed from the roster. It's where they're going that needs to be in official news.

So if a principal dancer, like Osipova, is removed from the roster as she was in early August is that confirmation that she has left the company? The "official" word I recall when she announced that she was joining the Royal was that she would continue her relationship with ABT, but perhaps appear with them less often. That doesn't jive with her removal from the roster, unless she is reverting to 'guest principal" status.

For the purposes of official news at Ballet Alert!, any names removed from company rosters on company websites are considered confirmation from the company that the dancers are no longer on the roster.

If the company adds the dancers back in, under their old or new statuses/ranks, then that is also official news.

For new dancers, if the news is released officially that a dancer is joining a company -- press release, public-facing Facebook status, standing Tweet, newspaper article, etc. -- this doesn't have to be corroborated immediately by the company website roster, since, especially during the summer, website additions tend to be slow, while removals tend to be fast, without requiring bios to be written, photos to be taken, etc.

That these corps dancers have left the company is substantiated: they were removed from the roster. It's where they're going that needs to be in official news.

So if a principal dancer, like Osipova, is removed from the roster as she was in early August is that confirmation that she has left the company? The "official" word I recall when she announced that she was joining the Royal was that she would continue her relationship with ABT, but perhaps appear with them less often. That doesn't jive with her removal from the roster, unless she is reverting to 'guest principal" status.

Osipova is listed as doing some pdd w. Vasiliev during ABT's Feb/March 2014 tour to Japan. (All the Japan tour casting is now up on the ABT Performance Calendar.) So it seems that Osipova will still have a relationship with ABT in 2014, but the extent of that relationship seems unclear.

I have a feeling the O/V dates in Japan may have been set well in advance of Ms. Osipova's announcement vis a vis the RB. I have a suspicion that the O/V names were most probably part and parcel in ensuring the ABT Japan booking ... much as they were for the Bolshoi most recently in London, albeit for one performance only initially. Still they did appear ... and .... surprise, surprise ... the Company did arrive unto the Royal Opera House. Their performance in Flames of Paris was the only one to sell out on the first day of general public booking. .