This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Recommendations for PABallet and Jewels in particular

Hi everyone-

I would like to see Jewels at paballet in October, and I'd be very interested to hear opinions on which night to go, which dancers from this company I should try most to see, any thoughts on the principals' styles. I tend to enjoy the more lyrical style - Marianela Nunez at Royal Ballet being a current favorite.

Has PABallet published who will be dancing each night yet?

Best, Paris.

I don't think that PA Ballet generally publishes their casting decisions in advance. In fact, I'm pretty certain that this show has not even been officially cast yet (although I'm sure Roy Kaiser has thought about it!). My daughter is a student at their school and I may be able to get that information in advance - but probably not much before mid-late September.

My current favorite principals/soloists are Julie Diana, Lauren Fadeley and Gabriella Yudenich. However, I am not familiar enough with the styles of specific dancers to be able to figure out if those dancers would be a good fit for your preferences! Perhaps another reader here can help you further.

I am really looking forward to this show, as well as seeing them do Serenade and Petite Mort in February.

Just as a note, ddsbiggestfan, the only casting information that can be posted here is information released to the public, either through the company website, postings in the lobby, in newspaper articles, and from the cast dancers' public Facebook posts/tweets. Backstage/insider information cannot be posted.

I've seen Julie Diana when she danced with San Francisco Ballet, and I remember her being a beautiful dancer.

I remember Julie Diana from her days in San Francisco, and I'll never forget how magnificent she was in Diamonds. Mesmerizing.

One of the best Diamonds I've ever seen -- rather like Daria Pavlenko. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

She was also lovely in the Siciliene in Emeralds, but it wasn't magnificent. Diamonds was.

I don't think that PA Ballet generally publishes their casting decisions in advance. In fact, I'm pretty certain that this show has not even been officially cast yet (although I'm sure Roy Kaiser has thought about it!). My daughter is a student at their school and I may be able to get that information in advance - but probably not much before mid-late September.

My current favorite principals/soloists are Julie Diana, Lauren Fadeley and Gabriella Yudenich. However, I am not familiar enough with the styles of specific dancers to be able to figure out if those dancers would be a good fit for your preferences! Perhaps another reader here can help you further.

I am really looking forward to this show, as well as seeing them do Serenade and Petite Mort in February.

I saw Gabriella Yudenich as Myrtha - she was great. Once you have ten posts and your membership gets upgraded on this forum maybe you could send me a message, I have more things I'd very much like to ask about.

I saw Gabriella Yudenich as Myrtha - she was great. Once you have ten posts and your membership gets upgraded on this forum maybe you could send me a message, I have more things I'd very much like to ask about.

I saw her in this role as well and was very impressed! I'd actually love to see her get promoted.

I do like seeing PA Ballet get talked about a bit here. Most of my experience with seeing ballets has been with this company, and I am always interested in other opinions about them.

I'm very excited about seeing Jermel Johnson in Rubies, as I am a big fan. That said, though, I think that the Rubies lead is very easy and obvious casting for them (i.e., he's musical, exuberant, strong presence, etc.). I'd REALLY like to see him challenged--and to see PAB challenge its own notions of "correct" casting--with the Diamonds lead. Someday?

Also, on 10/27 Sunday matinee, Edward Barnes will be dancing with Julie Diana in the "walking" pdd in Emeralds. He's definitely a young dancer to watch.