This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Mikhail Messerer Named Chief Ballet Master of Mikhailovsky Theatre

Ismene Brown has related the news that Mikhail Messerer has been named Chief Ballet Master of the Mkhailovsky Theatre after "snapping up for the Mikhailovsky of one of the key players in the Bolshoi’s violent soap opera," Angelina Vorontsova, for whom he has big plans, including major roles in "The Flames of Paris." which will be danced in London opposite the Bolshoi dancing the Ratmansky version. (Edited: I misread the blog post about when and where Messerer's "The Flames of Paris" will be performed.)

Blog entry

The news follows a translation of an interview with Messerer in "Izvestia."

I have a ticket for the July 26 Flames of Paris at the Mikhailovsky. I wonder if Vorontsova will dance that night. The only person they list is Vasiliev. I only know this ballet from the Bolshoi dvd that Ratmansky choreographed using the existing Vaynonen choreography. It will be interesting to see what Messerer has done with this ballet.

Ismene Brown has related the news that Mikhail Messerer has been named Chief Ballet Master of the Mkhailovsky Theatre after "snapping up for the Mikhailovsky of one of the key players in the Bolshoi’s violent soap opera," Angelina Vorontsova, for whom he has big plans, including major roles in "The Flames of Paris."

Blog entry

The news follows a translation of an interview with Messerer in "Izvestia."

Thank you for the linked story Mikhailovsky instals new classical chief, as well as the stories on sub-links:

Reconstructing Ballet's Past 1: Swan Lake, Mikhailovsky Ballet
Reconstructing Ballet's Past 2: Master Restorer Sergei Vikharev
It is quite fun to read the inside stories of ballet-reconstructions.
thanks.GIF